Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Johanna's POV

To be honest Johanna didn't like the fact that her mother was about to interrogate her but she was glad she was there. When they had hugged she had finally felt safe again. Her mother's hug was the nearest to a safe place she could ever come. Johanna had been crying, not that anyone would blame her but she felt pathetic. Here all along she wanted to become a police and she had been crying right in front of the one she wanted to believe she could make it as a detective. Her mother had asked her what had happened and Johanna had told her. She even told her they knew about Gale's dad, cause she figured that was 'need-to-know' information. After her mom had rejected her idea to help them they had gone to her brother and dad who were talking about the same thing. Johanna felt like she needed to help with the case, somehow she felt like it was her duty, especially since her friend was taken right in front of her.

"You ran after to get the plate?" her dad asked Cosmo ones they got to them.

"Yeah, but I was too late, I didn't see much" Cosmo said with a disappointed look on his face.

Johanna looked up when her mother stopped their walking and started to talk to her big brother.

"Cosmo, I want you to take your sister and Olive right back to school, don't let any of them out of your sight until they are safe and sound in their class, got it?" she said and her brother nodded despite the look he got from Johanna.

"Got it" he said and gave her a look back.

Johanna would most definitely NOT go back to school, well she would have to and pretend that she walked to her class and then sneak out.

They started walking towards the school and Johanna could feel the gaze from Cosmo.

"I know you're up to something, don't do it" he said and Johanna ignored him.

He sighed and when they got to their school he insisted on following them to their classroom. She wanted him to go before they went inside but of course he needed to watch them go inside so that he saw his younger sister be trapped and not be able to do anything but the class. Once Johanna and Olive was inside the classroom and sat down Johanna saw her brother leave. After ten minutes of class Johanna raised her hand.

"Yes, miss Castle?" her teacher asked.

"Can I go to the lady's room?" she asked as innocent as she could.

"Yeah, sure" he said and she smiled in gratitude.

When he turned around to continue writing on the white boarder Johanna quietly took her bag and before she went out of the classroom her eyes met Olive's. She could see the "oh no" in her eyes but she could also see that she understood why she did it.

Once outside Johanna quickly looked around and when she confirmed it was all clear she started to run towards the exit. No one was there to stop her so she managed to get out and she while she tried to come up with somewhere to go she started walking, mostly to avoid someone from the school to notice her. She needed help too, she couldn't come up with somewhere to look for evidence. So she just walked. And walked. And walked. Until something light hit her face.

She took up her hand to cover her eyes and her heart accelerated. Well, at least till she understood it was just a reflection of the sun from a black van. She just shook her head and continued walking.

"Wait!" she whispered and stopped.

She looked back at the van and then looked around her to see where she had gone. She had really no idea where the hell she was. Her eyes was drawn to the black SUV van again. She looked at the old building it stood by and considered wether to call her parents or to make sure it was the same van before she bothered them. Maybe they would get more angry if she called and it turned out she had been investigating on her own without any progress. She took one deep breath and decided.

"Let's go" she whispered to herself and went towards the old building.

She looked for a door and found one on the left side of the building. She tried the knock and it opened. She tried not to smile but couldn't help herself. She might actually be able to solve a case. Or at least find her friend.

She sneaked inside and closed the door behind her. It was really hard to see anything cause it was dark inside. She took of her backpack and bent down on her knees. She looked through it and was about to give up when she finally found what she was looking for. Her flashlight.

She turned it on and looked around. It was really dusty, it didn't look like someone had been there for a really long time. There was white sheets over the few furniture in the room and thanks to the very few furniture the room looked empty. She guessed this had to have been a ball room or something cause it was too big for only be a living room. Her feet started moving towards the center of the room and she continued looking around with her flashlight in a hard grip.

Where could she be really? She couldn't remember to ever see this building before so she must've gone pretty far. Her eyes were drawn to a stair which she started walking towards. When she got there she got a chill and turned around to see if something was there, it felt like someone was watching her. After searching the big room after a clue that someone was there she came up with nothing and sighed in relief.

'It was only my imagination, why did I get your imagination dad?' she thought and took a step up the stairs.

She jumped to the sound of the stairs when she had layed her weight on the step. She laughed nervously and her heart went from beating hard to beating a little slower. She continued up the stairs and tried to make as little noise as possiible, just in case someone happened to be in the building. She got upstairs and heard a strange noise that made jump again and soon after that she heard steps coming towards her. She quickly turned off the flashlight and hid behind one of the furniture beside her.

"What do you mean someone's here? Didn't you just a few minutes ago tell me this building was abandoned?" a man's voice said and Johanna was afraid they would go far enought to notice her.

"Yes, but I could swear I heard something" another man said full with insecurity.

Johnna slowly ran her hand towards the white sheet which was over the furniture and could feel an opening in it. Even though her heart was raising and she was scared she smiled. She quietly moved a little of the sheet and climbed inside. The men continued talking without knowing she was listening and if she could stay quiet they would never know she had even been there.

That's when her cell phone gave her away.

A/N:

Please leave a comment on what you think of this chapter :)