Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Kate's POV

"Cosmo, what happened?" Kate said and wiped away her tears.

She could see he was frightened by the thought of her crying. Nobody liked watching their parents cry and the fact was that Kate had never cried in front of any of her kids before. She usually handled things better than this.

"Olive came to me as soon as their class was done and told me she thought Johanna would do something stupid, that she didn't want anything bad to happen to her but at the same time she didn't want to rat her out" Cosmo told and he started walking.

"Where are you going?" Kate asked and jogged after him.

"Sometimes when she needs to think about the cases she just walks, and I think she use to walk this way but I'm not sure" Cosmo said and Kate stopped.

"You knew?" Kate asked, shocked he hadn't told any of them, not even Castle.

She turned around and looked at Castle, she could see in his eyes that he was as shocked as she was.

They both ran up to Cosmo, he had continued walking and had gotten quite far. He still had his phone to his ear.

"How did you figure out she was sneaking into crime scenes?" Kate asked and looked around, trying to find something that could lead her to her daughter.

"I walked in on her when she were fooling around with her notes of what you had told her, it was about in the beginning, like... how old is she now? 14" he thought about it and counted "maybe 3 years ago".

"THREE YEARS?!" Kate exclaimed. "She's been shadowing us for THREE YEARS?! And we never noticed?!"

"Guess not" Cosmo shrugged and have up trying to call her.

He clicked into an app and wrote something.

"Finally!" he exclaimed and Kate looked at him with raised eyebrows.

Castle did raise his eyebrows too and they waited for him to explain why he seemed happy.

"I can tell you where she is" Cosmo said and looked at his phone and then he looked around.

"How?" Castle asked and then he put on his poker face. "Are you finding her through her phone's GPS?"

"Yes" Cosmo said without hesitation.

At the moment Kate was glad he did but if it would have been at any other time she would have lectured him about letting his sister have her privacy.

"There!" Cosmo said and ran towards an old building.

Kate and Castle ran after him, Kate pulled up her gun and when she was right behind Cosmo she took a good grip on him and stopped him.

"There's the van, you stay here, understood?" she quickly said to him and didn't wait for him to answer before she started running off towards the building.

She felt Castle be in her footsteps and quickly pulled out her extra piece from her ankle. She handed him the gun and they got to the door on the left side of the building. She took a few deep breaths before slowly opening the door and with her gun raised she sneaked inside. It was too dark to see anything so she took out her phone and used the flashlight on it to see anything.

"Castle, upstairs" she whispered and they went to the stairs.

They almost immediately noticed it was no point trying to sneak since the stairs was old and gave away noises every time they shifted their weight. When they got upstairs they looked around and saw nothing there, except the sheets over the furniture.

"Try calling her phone again" Kate said and in the outer of her vision she could see Castle obey.

When the familiar sound from Johanna's phone appeared they both snapped to the way the sound came from. They went to the furniture and lifted up the sheets. There. Her cellphone was right there on the floor, showing a foolish picture of her dad.

"Oh god" Kate said and fell down on the floor.

She felt Castle's arms around her and she buried her face in his chest. She could feel his tears on her head and she guessed he could feel hers on his shirt.

"What if something happened to her? What if it was our fault?" Kate sobbed and turned around to reach for her daughter's phone.

When she picked it up she noticed something and unlocked the phone. There was a note message coming up and Kate looked at the phone with happy surprise.

"Castle, look" she said and she saw his gaze leave her and stop at the phone.

'Ap 347 east ily' it said.

"What do you think that means?" Castle asked and Kate's lips formed a little smile.

"That we got a lead to where they took them" she said.

A/N:

Sorry for not updating in a while, I've been busy... Hope you like it!