14

Avni stood there. Suddenly finding it hard to breathe. He understood that and took it as his advantage. He knew full well that she couldn't stand being around him and would run at any given chance so he bent down and picked her up bridal style facing Shiv and Shakti, in the wind a flower from the decorations from the idol landed in Avni's lap implying Shiv and Shakti's approval for the couple. Neil turned around walked past an astonished Aman and Ali, whilst Ashok gave him a thumbs up. As he carried Avni down the stairs, she clasped her arms around his neck screaming towards the three boys "Oi...Bacho, he's going to murder me!" At this the three of them laughed. Neil smirked slightly and shook his head slightly. Avni continued shouting. "Koi Bacho! Someone please. Help me ." Still in Neil's arms she grabbed onto the closest person she looked at him "OI Bach-, Never mind your too weak." She shoved him slightly as Neil continued walking with her in his arms. She pulled another person "Oi Mister please save me from this devil..please." The random looked at Avni "Sir you should take her to a mental asylum, she's tapped." Avni looked him dead in the eye as Neil struggled to keep a straight face. "Oi Bahia, i'll show you crazy in a minute..." She hopped down from Neil's grasp and launched herself at the guy. Neil looked at her in shock before tugging on her waist back into his muscular arms. She fought his embrace launching back at the guy "I'm mad..I'm mad huh..I swear to god, i will make you go crazy you ass hat." She was about to say something else but Neil clamped his hand on her mouth giving her the look that a mother would give her child when they spoke out of turn. Neil's hand was still on her mouth. She looked at it before biting it. "OWWWW." Neil screamed out "You bit me." "Oh give me a break, its just a bite, your acting like its the end of the world." "But it hurt." Winged Neil "Aww what happened Mr Super cop can't handle it" Neil's eyes narrowed before he swiftly picked her up. She began screaming again as Neil's patience was weighing thin "SHUT UP." He shouted "KEEP QUITE, NOT a SINGLE  word. Understood?" Avni nodded gripping his shirt slightly. The silence was unbearable for Avni but she didn't say a word, her eyes trained on Neil as he carried her to a more private place. He put her down she opened her mouth to say something Neil took the opportunity and smashed his lips fiercely against hers.  She trembled. Her legs grew weak. She wrapped her arms around his neck holding herself up. He supported her to by placing his arm around her holding her up. She wanted to give in. She needed this. But it was wrong. She chose to listen to head and shoved him away. "You can't do that." She moved to walk away but he grabbed her forcefully, his patience going. "And why not, I can see it in your eyes Avni, you still love me, you are still driven cray by my kisses and touches." "Don't." She growled. "Why not huh. I need you and you need me." "No i don't." He looked at her. "You don't...you don't" He walked towards her grabbing her by the waist and pulling out her manglesutra "So why do you still wear this? Why do you hold on to it all the time especially when your in pain? Stop trying to push me away Avni please just let me explain." "Oh please...Just stop the act Neil. i don't want to know because i know i won't be able to handle it. just please stop. Right now its easier to hate you..please." She began to move again but Neil stopped her "Hate...You hate me? Bull shit...You don't you dare lie Avni." "Why do  you care if i lie to you. Who are you to me? Nothing...you mean nothing to me Neil. I hate you so much. You are responsible for the destruction in my life..that's on you." "Really? Okay look me in the eye and say that you hate me." She breathed in. "Neil i don't have time for this. But i know one way to prove that i'm moving on..." She reached up to her manglesutra and undid the clasp as it hung between them like a metaphor of something broken. "Avni...Please don't do this..Please i beg you." Avni breathed in "Have you ever been in love?It makes you so vulnerable. It opens up your chest and opens up your heart and it means someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defences, you build up a whole suit of armour,so that nothing can hurt you but then one stupid person,no different from any other stupid person,wanders into your stupid life...you give them a piece of you.They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day..like kiss you or smile at you..you know the small gestures that make your heart flutter and you realise that your life is no longer just yours. Love takes hostages. it gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying for mercy in the darkness, the words spoken like glass splinters working  its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination.Not just in the mind. It soul-hurts, it rips you to shreds and shows no ounce of sympathy. I hate love. And i love hate." She looked at him their eyes both glossed and highlighted by the liquid leaking down. "No Avni you can't do this please...i just...you can't hurt me like this please." She laughed bitterly "You know Neil it breaks my heart when people you know become people you knew;when you can walk past someone as if they were never a huge part of your life. You used to be able to talk to for hours on the phone;now you can't even look them in the eyes.It breaks my heart to know that good things change but what hurts more is knowing that there is nothing you can do about." Avni turned around as tears spilled uncontrollably from her eyes.  "Avni listen to me." He stood in front of her "I'm going to tell you the truth because you deserve that much." Avni closed her eyes. "Yes i cheated on you, but i was tricked...Rhea she planned everything with my mum.They made the plan telling Ali that you were ill and alone and then phoned me saying there was an emergency back at home i rushed home and when i saw you and Ali...It hurt.It burned. I was jealous so i left you. And then when i found out that you had left i knew i needed to prove your innocence and so i planned to have Rhea come over and whilst DD took pictures of it and videoed it too to show that friends help each other but suddenly she after she handed me a drink i passed out and she took advantage. And then a few weeks later at Mum and Dad's wedding anniversary Rhea planned everything writing the letter about your identity and find your birth certificate." Neil looked at Avni. Avni looked at Neil "Avni please...Avni please say something." 

"Its too late." 

"Your going to marry Rhea and i'm sorry i can't put myself through that emotional trauma again i just can't." 

She encircled her fist around the Manglesutra pressing it against her palm. She grasped Neil's out stretched hand and placed it in his palm before pushing his fingers in a fist. She looked at him. She moved forward towards him leaning up to kiss his cheek but stopped herself. She closed her hand and moved away from him running away as he looked on at her helplessly as the rain fell from the heavens mirroring the helplessness in two broken hearts. 

Avni ran. She ran till she was home. She ran past the questioning gazes and ran upstairs. She ran towards her room locking the door before running to her on suit bathroom she grabbed the razor laying carelessly by the side and watched as the blood flew from her arms. She could hear the relentless banging on the door as her tears clouded her vision. She just wanted to be alone.

Neil stood looking after Avni. Four pairs of eyes watched from the trees as the couple departed. They smirked evily. They were going to ruin Avni. 

TBC

Hey. Long chapter. i'm tired. lol. ANYWAY. Let me know what you thought in the comment section (i would appreciate it) and don't forget to vote and follow to :)