24

Avni stirred in her sleep as sun light entered the room, without thinking she snuggled into her pillow...wait...she felt the firmness of the pillow and instantly her eyes shot open causing her to wince before looking into the hazel eyes that were already waiting. Quickly she pushed herself up and stood up, "OW." She exclaimed her head thumping causing her to stumble. Neil shot up his reflexes kicking in as he grabbed her waist steadying her "Easy there." She looked up at him as he sat her down and walked out the room returning two seconds later with a glass of water and aspirin. "Here it will help with the headache." Avni shook her head. He sighed sitting besides her "Stop trying to be a hero and have the damn medicine." She glared at him and took the medicine and water roughly putting it in her mouth. She looked down as Neil watched her "Avni swallow it." She looked at him in shock "Police wala ho. Nothing escapes my eye especially when its related to you." She looked up at him before dashing towards the door. She paused and turned to look at Neil who had his back to her "Neil..." She said grabbing his attention, "Thank you." He smiled at her as she ran off. Neil collapsed back onto the couch. He loved her. There was no doubt but Avni he had no idea what she felt anymore. Just then Neela entered the room and sat down by Neil, She looked at him as he lay down his head in her lap, he stroked his hair lovingly "Bacha what's wrong?" "Does Avni still love me?" "If i'm honest Neil i have no idea that girl is so confusing but as her mother i know this much, she's afraid to let you in." Neil shot up "But Ma..." "Neil she's been through hell and she's on the brink of entering it again, she's once again cutting relationships, thats what she does, she thinks it better to push people away in order to keep them out of harms way." They sat in silence, Neela broke it "Anyway i actually came in here to tell you to pop down to the NGO centre and meet the kids...Avni will be there too." Neil smiled and nodded his head. After everything his birth mother did she saw more of Neela as mother figure. 

Avni stood dressed in a big jumper paired with black legging and high-top trainers,  since she had no clue what to wear to the NGO, she quickly left her hair loose, as she stood in front of the mirror she noticed a chain around her neck, slightly confused she took it out only to see find the manglesutra that she had given back to Neil around her neck, she hadn't noticed that it was back, she sighed tucking into the jumper. 

She left along side with Neela as the mother and daughter duo sat in silence. Neela knew something was bothering her daughter but also knew that is she asked Avni she'll end up exploding and she didn't want to deal with a angry Avni right now.

 Soon they reached the NGO, it was a tall sky scraper with different felicities to help improve the quality of life for children. Neil had also reached with his family and was walking in as Avni and Neela were too. "AVNI DI." chorused the kids as they ran up and hugged her, Avni's laugh rang in Neil's ears as he became captivated by her ever-green beauty, She crouched down and one by one hugged them and gave her a kiss on the cheek. They all noticed one little girl who had her back towards Avni with her arms crossed over her chest in a cute manner. Avni walked through the swamp of kids before crouching down in front of the little girl but she turned away from Avni  "Haawh so much anger Chandni." The little girl faced Avni "Di...you left. i missed you so much how could you just leave us all." Avni's eyes softened as Neil caught her eye. Avni held her ears "Bacha i'm sorry really really sorry aap apni Avni di ko maf karonge na?" "On one condition...." Avni nodded urging her to continue "Promise you won't leave again." Avni's eyes softened even more "i promise." And with that Chandni jumped into Avni's arms causing Avni to fall to the floor as the other kids soon joined in with the hug. Neil smiled- a genuine smile, she was so good with kids, Neela must've noticed the look on Neil's face as she spoke "Avni has always had a soft corner for kids, after Aman was snatched from her, juggling her revenge and school she would always go to an orphanage and take care of kids who had gone through a similar phase as her, the childhood that was snatched from her she lives through these children" The entire family heard the conversation as they all looked towards Avni who finally looked at peace, something that she had lost a long time ago. 

"Di..." Started a boy "Can we play basketball like we used to." Avni smiled and was about to reply when a scoff was heard, she turned to Neil "What." "Girls can't play basketball." Within a minute everyone but Shweta and Rhea understood what Neil was up to, he wanted to be close to her. "Yes they can." She said in  a dangerous tone. Neil smirked which managed to tick her off even more. Neil then said "Well then Miss Ayesha, i challenge you to a one on one basketball tournament." "What..are we kids or something." "Aww is Mrs Ajooba to scared." "Its Miss and no i'm not." "Well technically speaking it is Mrs cause i haven't divorced you so....and then if your not scared accept the challenge." Avni growled under her breath "Fine. Challenge accepted."

Hello guys. Its been long. Anyway do let me know what you think about this chapter by commenting, and also do comment what you think might happen in the next chapter with the basketball tournament- who do you think will win.--------Also what are you guys thinking about the recent episode, i have to say that yesterday's was so cute with Avni expressing her self to Neil more. Heads up to i don't know when i'll update next i start school again tomorrow and then this weekend i'm going to London for another wedding so...yeah but bare with me please. THANK YOU.