17

Avni continued planning until the early hours in the morning. Her notebook now containing the information that she needed. She had roughly estimated where abouts Dayawanti could be and got Abeer to send a few people to investigate. She had told him not to tell anyone what she was doing and he, without asking questions agreed. Abeer knew Avni, he knew what she was like and so didn't push the subject further.  She had a lead-someone new was helping Dayawanti Mehta. It made her blood boil that someone would help the old wretch but she composed telling herself to focus. Her eyes closed. She was drifting into a slumber, her eyebrows scrunched up as her mother's death  played before her, tears began escaping her closed eyes as the tortures she endured haunted her. She opened her eyes gasping. She still hadn't gotten over what had happened. She hadn't had proper time to mourn, her mother and her father's death, life hadn't been so gracious towards her-leaving her with nothing and no chance to mourn. Her heart physically pained but she knew what she had to do, last time Neil was able to calm the fire within her but she had no hope-no one could help her, the flames had grown too much and she was lost within it, she needed everyone safe and the only way to do that was to push them all away and that's what she was planning to do- it started with her dad, mum and grandmother but it will end with her. She stood up and walked to the window staring out towards the moon silently praying. Praying for some type of miracle.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She left the house before anybody was awake leaving a quick note saying she had to do something and then go to work after, Ashok thankfully had taken time off so she didn't have to deal with him.  She placed her work clothes in a bag and put them in her car before fixing her dupatta. She had dressed completely different using one of Neela's Kurtis with a  black silk dupatta. She parked up at the location which was a mall quite far away from her house and the main city, she plugged up her phone and began to track the person that could lead her to Dayawanti, she had a gun kept in her bag along side her identification just in case she was checked over.  She walked towards the lift and quickly looked at her phone- 4th floor.  She walked in only to find it completely empty, she smirked- this was too easy. But just like always she jinxed it, the power went out, "Shit." The elevator came to a halt she sighed thinking 'did this really have to happen now.' She struggled but all the training she did payed of, somehow she managed to push the doors apart. She winced as her hand cut against a piece of metal. Luckily the lift had stopped on the fourth floor. As she was walking out she heard screams and gun shots, walking down a corridor she heard the police force and coincidentally it was lead by none other that Neil, he split his team and sent them down.She covered her face with her dupatta. She rolled her eyes at her luck before continuing.  As she did she heard the click of a gun, she couldn't move or they would shoot her down.  She looked to her left to see  three gun men her conscious taunting her saying 'Well you idiot, how you going to get out of this now?' From the corner of his eye Neil saw a women standing in the danger zone, he sighed. He ran and pulled her by the arm, that caused both her and the gun men to be shocked, Neil pulled her out of harms way. Without realising his arm wrapped around her waist whilst her hands were spread on top of his chest, he looked behind her but didn't fail to miss her quickly pull her dupatta over her face. Whispering into her ear he asked "What are you doing here?" Avni didn't reply "Do you have a issue talking or something..i'm asking you a question." She controlled the urge to give a comeback knowing he would catch her. She just looked down hoping that he would drop it, his grip tightened against her waist pulling her flush against him "Miss Ajooba, what do you think your doing....." 'Shit shit shit he knew...fuck' Her eyes widened as he moved to take her dupatta off but half way she stopped him and doing her best she disguised her voice "I'm sorry ji...i'm no  Miss Ajooba, maybe you have me confused with someone else." She prayed to God hoping that she had fooled him. Suddenly the lights came back on, the gun men disappearing "Damn it." Said Neil, his grip loosened and Avni took the opportunity  and pushed his arm back before running off. Neil was shocked and had to blink a few times. She touched the elevator button a few times but it wouldn't come, she looked to the right and saw the stairs, taking a deep breath she ran down, Neil was all of sudden behind her "Hey..Miss its not safe."  He kept calling out for her but she ran down, as she pushed the door open she ran into the corridor with Neil hot on her heels.  As she continued to run her dupatta slipped, she turned around whilst still running. Neil paused..he knew it was his Miss Ajooba but what was she doing here confused him. What was she up to?? 

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Avni got to her car before slamming the door as she sat down. She hit the stirring wheel in frustration but instantly regretted it as she looked at the wound around her hand. He ruined everything, she lost the lead, she suspected that those gun men where there for this 'leads' protection but why Neil and the rest of the police force where there she had no idea. Maybe she was underestimating this 'lead'. She sighed checking her mirrors she saw Neil looking at her. She panicked before jamming her key into the ignition before reversing out and speeding down the road breaking the speed limit but she didn't care she needed to get away from him. He stood blankly watching her but a thousand thoughts were running around his mind. What the heck was she hiding?

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

SO...Avni met Neil whilst there, he's totally confused as most of you probably are. lol. So who do you think this lead is? What is Avni hiding? And do you think she is right to push everyone she loves away just to protect them? Well...i'd love to here what you have to say so don't forget to comment on your thoughts on this part and of course your thoughts on what might happen. Do vote and follow too. Thank you.