32

Avni and Neil parted almost instantly but Neil's arm remained draped upon her waist as he looked around. Avni tore her gaze from Neil and did the same, again another gunshot was heard, as kids and adults ran trying to find away out. Colours where hanging in the air creating a foggy cloud of red as a final gunshot was heard. Avni had her heart in her mouth, something was not right. Neil's calloused hand was intertwined with her own as he located them through the crowd that had suddenly formed. Pushing their way forward they saw their respective families at the front, they shared looks  of concern as they finally saw who was injured, Kareena had a bullet in her arm. Whilst Maddy had one in her lower abdomen...Neil ran forth to his own family. Avni felt unsettled, there was three gunshots, and even though she hates maths.. the useless subject she didn't need Einstein to come down and tell her that two doesn't make three. In the distance she saw her own family huddled around one body. Neela was weeping slightly wiping the blood from their face but Avni still couldn't see who it was, Ali moved out of the way slightly for Avni to catch a glimpse. Her eyes widened. Her breathing becoming laboured. Her legs going numb. Her hands shaking. A startled cry leapt out from her throat grabbing the attention of Neil who looked up at her. Her eyes laced with tears as she finally screamed 

"AMAN."

 Staggering forth, trying to find her footing, she crashed down by her brothers side as Neela placed Aman's head in Avni's lap. "Di..." "Bas,  Just stay silent...okay..the ambulance will be here soon. J-just hang on for me." Kareena walked up to them Neil by her side as she applied pressure onto her wound. "Super Bhabhi please forgive me. This is all my fault..." She looked at Aman "Duffer.. stupid..Why did you take the bullet for me." Aman just smiled "Hopefully you'll understand one day." Avni carefully stroked his head playing with his hair, as he looked up at her and smiled "Wahh Meri Sherni Di..You crying... hawh. " Avni cracked a smile through her tears as her heart pained with every beat. Just then another gunshot was heard. Everyone's head shot in that direction. Avni was hella confused as she muttered out the only thing she could at this moment. "Dev?" 

They all looked at him recognising him from the previous banquet in commemoration of Ayesha. He looked at Avni. Dev saw the fire burning in her eyes. She moved Aman's head back onto Neela who watched the fire with in her daughter burn widely, what she was fearing was happening. She was burning with vengeance. Avni took quick strides to where Dev was standing, landing a hard slap to his right cheek causing his head to jerk to the side.She pushed him before completely beginning to batter the shit out of him, she forced him down to the floor grabbing the gun which he dropped due to Avni's constant attacks. She pointed it at him, her breathing quickening by the minute. Neela looked at Neil who blinked in response telling his mother-in-law not to worry, but she knew her daughter she was still opening back up to Neil and she questioned whether he would be able to clam her down. Avni pulled the trigger, the bullet hitting the ground as Avni furiously spoke "Tell me who sent you, tell me what the heck your plan is otherwise the next bullet will make its way to your head."

Neil was in shock as he looked towards Avni. This Dev guy which he remembered from that time he was dancing with his Avni hadn't replied to his Sherni. He mentally scolded himself for joking at a time like this. He ran forth as Avni wrapped her finger around the trigger. He placed his hand atop of the gun looking at her in shock, tears grazing his own eyes. "Avni what are you about to do...your not a murder.." He looked her dead in the eye, his, heart, mind and soul beginning her to calm down. Taking their distraction as an advantage Dev bolted as  a man from the crowd shouted grabbing the attention of Avni, she ripped her forearm from Neil's grip who desperately tried to hold on to her, running behind Dev, her hair was bouncing fiercely as her feet pounded against the road replicating her heart against its cage.     

She was gaining on him fast, and just as she was about to reach for him he jumped into a car which immediately sped off. She looked up at the sky frustrated with herself, her tears turning from pain to anger, she wiped at the furiously before rubbing her temples...she walked back to the venue where the family was. She could here the sirens in the distance, she crouched down to Aman's side and grasped his hand. She smoothed down his hair but began to panic as he closed his eyes. Neela began to shout. Ali trying to control both her and Nano as Ashok helped whilst busy with Aarti. Avni quickly reacted, starting to try and find a pulse. She had found one but it was weak. The ambulance people quickly made their way in swiftly moving Aman, before taking Maddy and Kareena with them. Avni was holding it together for the better part. Ali, Ashok, DD, Nano and Neela along with Aarti had all left in one car, as Prakash took Shweta and Bebe with him signalling Neil to bring Avni. 

Neil walked up to Avni placing his cool hand on her shoulder, it calmed the fire. She had become the fire, she was going to lose herself. And this time maybe Neil couldn't save her. But what mattered right now, was that he was here...with her. She turned around with such force that it startled Neil for a second. She crashed against his chest, shaking as her sobs were made audible for his ears, she broke within his arms, as he tightly wrapped his own around her pressing her closer to him. Her broken screams and sobs touched the depths of his soul, he could hear his other half breaking, he could feel it, he knew what was about to come. They all did. 

A storm was coming. And Fire it self was coming to greet it. 

Authors note

Helllooo everyone, its been long. Sorry but i'm only human. Even though i have a maths test tomorrow i couldn't help but update, i'm most likely gonna flop, my other ones didn't go great i have  a feeling i did shit on them as well. But i suppose i'm just gonna have to try harder, well i'm not gonna rant about  TRP cause i just don't want to but what i will say is yo homies in the UK - THAT'S ME TOO, WE ARE GETTING SOMEWHERE...BACK AT NO1. YAYYYYY.  In addition to that Avneil and Adiza have completed a year. Gosh i'm so happy, Aditi and Zain are incredible, and goals but lemme keep my shipper heart calm for a minute whilst i praise their hard work, you can tell how dedicated they are, i can see that Avni and Neil's character have become part of Aditi and Zain and as a fan that is what draws me to them. The chemistry is amazing, come naturally, don't you think? Their separation is killing me slightly but a reunion is coming i can feel it. What do you guys currently think of the show??

So final words from me, please do let me know what your thoughts are on this chapter by typing a comment in the comment section and don't forget to vote. Love you all and Thanks in advance for the patience you all have with me i appreciate it more than anything. Thanks for your time.

xxxx