30

Love.

To hell with this word. 

A complete utter lie.

Saying Avni was stressed out would be an understatement. The case she had been working so drastically on had finally picked up. This was Neil's case and as a result she was putting over 100% effort in. But she avoided speaking to him. Completely shutting him out.  He knew it was her insecurities playing with the depths of her mind, but she wouldn't let him heal her. Maybe because of the fear of him destroying her again. He was scared of doing that again. Even though it was not intentional he broke her. Even when he thought he couldn't he did. But he understood that relationships weren't walks in the park, he knew that pain comes out of love and sometimes even hate. He could see her false facade falter from times but he couldn't keep living like this.

He entered her office, looking at the scene in front of him. Avni was practically drowning in paper work, some scattered on the floor carelessly. She slammed down a file not noticing Neil's presence, once there was a time where she could feel him from miles away and that seemed to be lost. it hurt him. She was rubbing her temples, sometimes she hated herself for taking this job, she should have left them to suffer but despite not wanting to accept it she knew that she was still attached to him and his family. Neil coughed gaining her attention as her eyes widened slightly but she quickly composed herself. "Mr Khanna..Do you need something?" He stalked up to her grabbing her hand and forcefully pulling her. "Neil...Neil what the- what do you think your doing." She shoved and tried breaking free from his grip but he wasn't having it. In a swift moment he picked her up bridal style and walked out of her office, plonking her down in the passenger seat of his car, as he climbed in the drivers side and drove off, Avni was desperately trying to grab his attention but he shut her out. They had reached his destination as he got out opening the door to her side undoing her seat belt and pulling her out. Avni looked at the scene in front of her, the calm waves crashing against the shore as the fireball known as the sun sat just above the horizon almost staring at them. "That was practically kidnapping Neil, what the hell." She expected him to retort but he didn't, she looked at him, like really looked at him. He was in pain. She could see that much. "Avni."She looked in his eyes directly. "I'm tired of this situation, i can't keep going on like this and i know that neither can you. We are hurting each other." Avni the spoke "So lets just cut relations. i mean we aren't getting anywhere-" She was abruptly cut off by Neil. "FOR FUCKS SAKE AVNI... Do you really think thats gonna work? Do you?" Her gaze shifted, she knew it wouldn't, they were attached, their souls connected in the purest way but it seemed like a  curse for her right now. Her heart beats sped up dramatically as he pulled her from her waist, her hands sprawled upon his chest. "I love you goddamn it." She struggled against his masculine grip, his physique trapping her. She had enough. "And what about me, for fucks sake Neil i fucking love you but i can't, not again, i don't want to depend on you, i don't want to be slapped in the face by disappointment again, just like you i'm tired i want to give up, why do you think i distanced myself from you?" She heaved as she stared at her "You yourself can't deny what's here Avni. Your scared...i'm fucking terrified, i don't want to hurt you again and maybe letting you go is the best thing...but i'm going to be selfish because i cannot i repeat cannot bare to see you in someone else's arms, i'd rip them off. We..i... it's just...i'm sorry." Avni looked up at him "I have said it before, and i will say it over and over again for the rest of time. You know a Pandit at Shiv mandir said to me that Shiv is nothing without Shakti, if there is Shakti then there is only Shiv. And i understood that...that me and you Avni, i'm nothing with out you, all i feel is the emptiness of myself." Avni's eyes lined with tears, his voice became hoarse as his eyes pleaded with hers, they rhythm of her heart picking up drastically. She wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him in for a hug. He kissed the outline of her shoulders as she shuddered against him. Splitting herself from him she turned to leave but she slipped on the wet sand, Neil's arms flew out grasping her waist and providing with warmth, their eyes locked as her hands gripped his shoulder blades. Something clicked for both of them as they both leaned in...their lips connected with a sense of urgency, a slow but passionate kiss. The sun dipped over the horizon smirking.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hey everyone, i hope you enjoyed that, sorry its quite short, do let me know what you think of this chapter i'm excited to know and read your comments. Our fandom has been spiralling out of control first we have the leap...So what are your thoughts on this new track? Also Zain and Aditi are now following each other on insta...gosh man these two are gonna kill me.. to top it off Zain's IG story or was it Snap of them two together in a car...did i mention together. GOSH. Those two are fucking goals. Do let me know about your thoughts i'm eager to know what you are all thinking too. Love you all and thanks for your patience with me. Also if anyone is bored out of their minds please do read my other stories...i have written one on Arjun and Draupadi- (Mahabhart) and also one on Spiderman and White tiger (MCU)