▪▫15▫▪

H A Y E S

I stood out side of a house I thought I would never aproch in years.

It was still the same.

White with a big porch in front of the house. The flowers out side of the house were still dead from six years ago.

I nervously walked up the small flight of stairs and went to the door.

With a shaky hand I rang the door bell. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears, my palms were sweaty, I had butterflies in my stomach.

"One second!" I heard them yell from inside. I heard their footsteps from inside nearing closer to the door.

It then opened and I breathed in sharply.

"Hello- H-Hayes..." they said in shock. "Please come inside" she opened the door wider for me.

"Thank you Mrs.Wilk" I thanked her as I walked into her home.

Surprisingly it still smelt the same.

"No Hayes, thank you for coming by" she closed the door once I stepped inside.

"Please come sit, make yourself at home" she lead me to the living room. I used to know this place like the back of my hand, I still do but I don't know if she changed anything.

"Well it's been a long time" Mrs.Wilk said once we sat down. "Yeah, five year's" I smiled slightly. She smiled nodding.

"How have you been hun?" she sounded concerned. "Okay I guess, high school is tough" I rubbed the back of my neck.

"High school is supposed to be tough" she simply said. It's almost like we're trying to doudge the topic about Sammy.

"Hayes...I..I have something's to give you" she stood from her seat and left the room. A minute or two later she came back with a box.

It was a small but average sized box. She seat it on the couch in between us.

"It's a box full of thing's Sammy packed and wanted you to have" I could tell she was upset but she was trying to keep it together.

I looked through the box. Some little army men Sammy and I played with when we we're kid's, some key chain's and a few pictures of us and him I didn't have.

One was of us on our first day of second and third grade. We ended up being in a slip class together.

One was a class photo, other ones were of us growing up together.

And then there were a few pieces of jewelry in till I came across a necklace.

It was the one Sammy bought my seven or eight year's ago. I lost it when we went on a school trip to a swimming place.

I immediately took it out and put it on. It was a little circle the a H in the center.

His was like mine, but with a S.

"Mrs.Wilk do you think I could go look around his room?" I asked nervously.

"Go ahead Hayes, I don't mind" she smiled.

I got up before thanking her. I made my way to the front of the house and up the stairs.

When I reached the top I walked down the hall.

When I met face to face with his bedroom door I felt guilty. I could have came sooner, I should have came sooner.

I was hesitant about opening the door but I opened it anyway. I stepped in the room and closed the door behind myself.

I turned the light on and looked around the room.

Nothing has changed, everything was the same, everything that seventh grade Sammy liked and had.

He had rewards up on the wall's by his neatly ranged desk. His neon light's hung around his bed fram.

His curtains were closed, they always were. That's the one thing about Sammy, he never liked the out doors.

Neither did I but I grow to befriend it. I don't go out side much anymore though

When every Sammy was out side his mom made him go out or I would have paid him.

His bed was neat and made. Nothing in this room was out of place or dirty.
It was like Sammy cleaned everything himself.

I sat down on his bed.

He didn't seem like the type of person to do what he did but we all don't always seem like the people we are.

I felt tears well up in my eye's. If only he had of talked to me, or at least did something to let me help.

I wish I could have done something to help him or to stop him. But I did the best I could as his best friend even though I didn't know.

At this point tears were storming down my face.

I just want him back, but God have to make the innocent boy's life too hard and took him,

Took him from me.

▪ ▫ ▪ ▫