Breaking the Shells ➼ 9

Even if it was February the beaches were still pretty damn warm.

The sand was damp with coldness from my beer and I quickly wiped the sand off with my thumb.

"Luke - we just got here 20 minutes ago, but did you lock my car?"

"Mhm."

"Are you sure?"

"UGH fine okay I'm going."

He forgot to lock my car. Boy I own a 2004 Mercedes do I look like I can leave it unlocked? No? I didn't think so.

I studied the waves and watched the seagulls chase away the little sand crabs I used to catch. I remember I gave them to my dad and he's used them as bait. We caught three stingrays in one day once. I let out a sigh and thought about everything and everyone . Oh lord. I don't know how I've survived.

I felt a nudge on my back and saw Luke.

"Did you lock it?" I said, with my eyes peering through my TeaShades.

"Where do you think I've been for the past fifteen minutes?"

"You could've been to lazy and stay in the bushes."

"Would the bushes have brought you your phone?"

I forgot my phone. I am such a dumb ass. I took the phone from his hand and blew him a play kiss, which he chuckled at.

'4 missed calls from Trevor' ugh. What could he possibly want? I scrolled through my contacts and deleted his number.

"Alice...?"

I looked over at Luke giving him a 'what?' face. He got up from laying down and sat cross legged , running fingers through the blondish part of his hair. Goddamn.

He held his arms out open and I quickly made my way into them, sitting on his lap.

I longed for his lips on my skin, but was to shy to admit it.

I suddenly felt my thoughts. "Luke.."

"What?"

"What are you doing? Not telling you to stop but .." I smiled.

"You kinda just told me t-"

"I SAID THAT OUT LOUD?"

He laughed and returned to his previous actions.

His hands made their way to my bare sides and gave me goosebumps. He kept kissing my neck and jaw, which I completely enjoyed . I let my head fall back and he took advantage, laying us down and hovering over me. I arched my back and wrapped my right leg over his.

"You're so pretty when you're vulnerable." He whispered in my ear, kissing me behind it.

I heard the Marimba tune on my phone and angrily answered , since I was now disturbed.

"Hello?" I managed to say before the phone was taken out of my hands and the call was ended.

"Luke." I chuckled.

"We're busy."

"But-" he crashed his lips into mine.

Should I be considered lucky as of right now?

We moved our lips together before his phone rang.

"Don't get it." I mumbled.

"It's mama brooks."

"Brooks?"

"My last name."

"Ugh fine."

"Mom? Can I call you back in an hour or so?" I heard him say. "Ok." "Ok." "Ok." "I will." "Ok." "Love you too bye."

"What did she say?"

"She wants me home at 7. It's 1:02. We have time." He winked.

We resumed to our previous actions. Thank God it was a private beach.