Engulf ➼ .22

I looked up at the mirror, at the girl looking back at me. Her soft hair, now in straight waves, He glistening eyes, about to over flow. And they did. I couldn't help it. My hair was okay, but now everything else wasn't .I ripped the towel off of me as I turned to see myself in everything. Horrible. All of them. I quickly got dressed into sweats and a tank top, covered by a hoodie. My eyes were flowing and my vision was blurry. 

-

I sat on Luke's bed, fiddling with my thumbs. I had managed to say that I didn't feel like watching a movie just yet, and that I would be getting ready and there in a few minutes, when I wasn't.

I stood in the mirror, deciding it was time to get out. I took the hoodie off me, feeling like it was another skin I'd be taking off. I felt like now, even my shield would come off, and my worst fear would be unleashed. They'd see how I really am on the inside.

-

We were watching Ted. I loved this movie.

"Fuck you thunder, You can suck my dick!" I and the boys laughed at the two on tv.

"Who's my thunder buddy?" I asked.

"MEE." They all let out.

"Sike." I said blankly.

"I'm going to bed." I said getting up along with Daniel and Beau.

"I'll be there in a sec." Luke said. Which he was.

I layed on the bed, curled up with Luke who was now only in a pair of sweats. It was 4:13am. Wonderful.

"Do you ever just...want someone even closer to you even though they're in your arms and you already have them, but you feel like it's not enough? Like you just want them to engulf you?" He asked in a hushed tone, voice croaking every now and then.

"I don't know." I lied. It was the way I felt about Luke . He let out a sigh. "It's the way I feel about my family. And you." He continued, twirling a toying with my fingers.

"Do you ever wish you had someone when there's no one?" I asked.

"Sort of."

--

We were bunched up under the covers, dozing in and out of our sleep. My eyes were still closed and I was breathing calmly. Suddenly I felt a hand on my cheek, fingers tucking hair behind my ear. A sigh left the man next to me. I remained as if I were asleep.

"One day, Alice, one day." What? But I'm to tired to think. Ugh. I was dragged closer and my legs were wrapped around his. I let out a sigh, finally in his chest, I buried myself  into him and fell asleep for good.

-

"Alice. Someone cooed.

"Alice baby, wake up." Ugh not again with the 'baby' .

"Alice I will put an ice cube up your ass." He spoke.

"I dare you." I finally said.

"Rise and shine or I really will." He said, I knew he would.

"C'mon Luke." I whined, flipping over to the other side.

"It's almost three thirty and we have shopping to do."

"Really?"

"Yeah, party tomorrow night and we gotta get bubbles and stuff. Plus we all want to get new clothes."

"No I'll stop at home and get my clothes from there."

"No I want you to buy yourself something."

"I only have fifty on me for the next week."

"I'll buy you it don't worry."

"No Luke ple-"

"I'm going to get that ice."

"OKAY okay." I said, finally opening my eyes. I got up with him and he led me to the living room, where we sat and watched cartoons until I woke up. I changed into a thick dark gray cardigan with black lining, a black t-shirt, and some white shorts with my all black converse. I put my hair up in a pony tail and put eyeliner and mascara only on my eyelid and lashes and some really simply burt's bee's chapstick. I got back out into the living room and headed for the door.

-

"No get the Classic Red American Solo cups." I said pointing to them on the shelf.

"What's wrong with the clear ones?" Beau asked.

"Clear is clear, Red is fabulous and screams 'I'm ready for round three with out even asking' ."

"Okay." He smiled. Our cart was filled with absolutely everything imaginable. 14 bottles of bubble bath, 6 stacks of red solo cups, a new stereo sound bar, snacks, and of course, the drinks.

We pulled into the check out, our total reaching $320.72 . Ouch. But oh well, all I did is choose one bag of chips and the color of the cups.

I steered the cart to Beau's car, riding the cart back to the hut where you leave them outside down the long parking lot. They boys drove up so I wouldn't have to walk all the way.

"How sweet." I said squeezing into the back seat next to Jai, Daniel, and Luke.

"Beau take our asses to the mall ." Daniel said.

"What do you think I am? Your servant?"

"What kind of question is that? Is it not obvious?"

"Shut the fuck up."

"Pussy."

"Ass wipe." Beau finish. We were at the mall a couple long minutes later.

Everyone split up, including I and Luke. I headed into one of those modern stores and only walked the aisles, not touching anything. My phone buzzed.

Luke: Where are you?

Me: Deena's

Luke: K

Me: Don't you fucking 'K' me or I'll whoop your ass with a fishing rod.

"A fishing rod?" Someone spoke. I turned to see Luke walking in.

"It hurts I swear." I said. He chuckled back at me.

"Did you see anything you like?" He asked. A lot actually.

"Not much."

"C'mon let's keep looking." He said, swinging his arm over my shoulders.

-

"Luke!" I yelled from the fitting room.

"Ready." he answered. I walked out in a pair of black high waisted shorts, a black long sleeve crop top, and cat stalkings where they were black up until the ears that stopped a little over the knee. Black heels on my feet. Why was everything black? Why why why? It's not like I look for it to be black, it's just the only thing I like without me  noticing.

"Jesus Christ are you trying to make me explode?"

I turned to face the 360 degree mirrors. Not bad, not bad at all. Now some winged eyeliner and red or nude lipstick and Oh shit you go.

"These." Luke said. I turned and saw him pointing to the clothes I was wearing.

"No I can't." I said.

"It's either those or these." He said, pulling out a lace undergarments set from under him.

"Luke what the hell are those."

"Exactly what it looks like."

"It looks like a G-string and a pair of sea-shells for a bra. They cover nothing. Put them back before you get caught."

"You're getting those clothes."

"Fine!"