Chapter 28

Harry's POV:

A wave of giddiness ran through me and I shivered.

Draco and I were on the sofa, my head in his lap and an open book between us. My left hand slowly rubbed lazy circles on Draco's thigh as we studied our Herbology lesson. I let Draco return the lazy circles on my chest, tingling patches were left where his fingers had been.

"Harry, are you paying attention?" I was broken from though when Draco's voice broke the silence.

"Huh? On, yeah. Leeches."

Draco chuckled softly and I greatly admired the sound. "We were on lovage."

"Oh." I snuggled closer into Draco for warmth. "Sorry, I'm tired of studying." Immensely tired. My eyes were growing weary and the words were swirling on the paper.

Draco closed the book and tossed it aside. Ron, who was sitting on the floor with Hermione, perked up when he saw that. "They're finished. Can't be be finished too?" He whinged and I stifled a giggle.

Hermione sighed dramatically. She also must be tired of studying, although, she would never admit that. Ever.

"I suppose we've studied enough for now." She carefully closed her book, keeping her place with a parchment scribbled with notes. I watched her carefully and she glanced at me and Draco before smiling. She then glanced at Ron with loving affection before lying down in his lap.

I turned my attention back to Draco and gazed up at him. He was mesmerized by the flickering fire. "What are you thinking about?" I asked him quietly.

I listened carefully as Hermione turned her attention to Ron and he happily accepted it. They make such a lovely pair.

"Nothing for you to worry about." Draco leaned down and kissed my forehead. While I smiled at the affection, I pondered what he meant. Nothing to worry about? I don't understand.

After a few minutes of silence, I spoke up. "I wasn't worried until you said that. What are you talking about?" I placed a question in my thought and directed it at Draco.

Tentatively, I reached a tan hand out and began stroking his feather soft hair. "I know. It's just some stuff though." I sat up straight at Draco's response and turned around, so I was facing him on his lap.

"Draco. Is there something you want to talk about?" I grew imperiously curious. Draco was holing up information again. I think. But it annoyed me when he never talked to me about some things.

"No. Maybe. Yes..." Alright. So there was something. "Is it bothering you? Like, a lot?" I fiddled with Draco's hair, a hand caressing his cheek.

He exhaled before shifting on the couch. "Yes, but I don't want to put any pressure on you." From where he was coming from, this did not sound good. Honestly and truly.

"What is it? You know things will be easier if you just tell me." I was nervous. What if something was wrong? What if it was something I couldn't fix? What if it would ruin everything? So many what if's.

"Um, this might be a bad idea..." For Merlin's sake, Draco. Spit it out. "Draco, don't do this." I growled lightly and he gulped.

"Alright. It's bad. It's really bad. We are coming to the end of sixth year and it's going to happen in seventh year." Now it was my turn to gulp.

Well isn't this just dandy. Absolutely delightful. Perfectly tangible. Sensing my worry, Draco gently patted my cheek. "Harry?" I was a little bit infuriated. "How long have you known?" I fumed. Why didn't he tell me sooner?