Chapter 68

I'm tired of people who judge me without knowing my history
Of people who change but say they wouldn't
Who begin to think differently of others
Who begin to think differently of you

I'm tired of people who spit out promises but have no intentions of keeping them
Of people who are filled with lies, and carve scars into our backs
People with honourable intentions but turn out with black hearts
People who beseech trust and manipulate others

Those kinds of people are the ones you want to stay away from
For no good will come from being around them
They'll just turn you into one of their bitches
A mindless nobody with no social quaintness

Then there are people like us who are broken beyond repair
Who have souls as black as the satin of the night sky
We don't particularly care for people who lie and manipulate
We don't particularly care for a lot with reasoning

We are just like you, only we're broken
We can't ever have a love returned without the cracks of defiance
We carve scars into ourselves, painful reminders of what we are
Everything we touch brings with dull force and lack of love

But we are the kind of people you really ought to stay away from
It does no good to hang around our kind
If you have hopes of fixing us, dismiss them
Because there is no hope for fixing us

You'll lead yourself deeper into something you don't want to be in
You'll be stuck, and ever so slowly, the weight will pull you down until you drown
Mess with something, shame on you, because we don't take kindly to being messed with
And at the unwanted chance of arrival, you'll be turned out the door

Draco's POV:

As at the end of all battles, the results are injuries and death.

Just like here.

Just like there.

That's what everything is. The end of all life is death.

"Dray?" Harry's tug on my hand brought me out of my thoughts and I smiled up at him. He was sitting on our bed and I was standing in front of him. It had been three or so days since the battle had ended. McGonagall and Snape had cancelled all classes for the time being.

"Draco. You're doing it again." A sharp tug and I was tumbling into Harry's lap. "And what would that be?" I teased, sitting myself up and getting comfortable so I could see Harry's face properly.

"That spacing out thing. It's become a regular habit of you now. And I don't particularly like it because you do it a lot. Especially when I'm telling you something." I could see why Harry was a bit annoyed, because honestly, it annoys me too.

"Ah darling," I brought my hand up to his face to stroke the cool flesh of his cheek. The softness of it rippled beneath the pads of my fingers and sent small tingles zipping through my muscles. "What were you saying?" I slid a finger across Harry's nose and hooped it lightly before tracing an eyebrow as my finger brushed down his face to the hollow at the front of his neck.

"Well, as you know, Malovent lives in my head. And has been for a while. But there is something else I gotta say." I don't know if I should take this as good or bad but it scared me. My hand dropped from Harry's neck and my shoulders sagged ever so slightly.

But apparently Harry noticed because one hand wound around my waist and the other lifted my hand to his cheek, holding it there lovingly. "Hey, it's nothing bad. Just, I was talking to Malovent one night during summer break and he told me everything about demons. And one time, he came to this school on a conquest from Hades. Which is where he met his lover. And they met up a few more times, but he didn't come back from doing some errands because Hades had chained him up, right?" Harry began explaining, all the while thumbing his finger over my hand on his cheek.

Hades, as in The Hades? The Demon King? That's not scary at all... "So, he lost his lover. Basically, he dropped off the grid and Malovent has been looking for him ever since. Emmery Ricci. That's who he's looking for. And I promised to help Malovent find him." How thoughtful.

I patted Harry's thigh with my free hand and studied him questioningly for a second. "That name sounds familiar. Very familiar." Maybe he was a past student here or something. Because I know that name.

"He is a past student here at Hogwarts. We've talked briefly and he was in Slytherin." Oh yes! Now I remember. Emmery Ricci. Slytherin Prefect.

That kid was weird. Always kind of shy. But I guess he had his qualities for being in Slytherin. He was always kind of... In the dark, I guess.

"Alright then. When do we start looking for him?" It was a perfectly good question. When do we?

Harry's green gaze slid to mine and he patted the small of my back. "I was thinking tomorrow."

X

Hi! It's been... A week. And I'm sorry. I had a lot of studying and stuff this week and it was really kind of stressful. And I know this chapter is really short. And I'm really REALLY sorry. I promise a longer chapter tomorrow. Okay? Please don't hate me. I'm only human. Well... I don't know about that exactly... :)

Don't be a ghostie!

P.S. I'm a tuff tootin baby. I will punch up your buns

(If you don't get that reference, then you're lame as fuck. And you really should look it up)