Chapter 56

Harry's POV:

Toh! The evening was quite the usual as it was the first night of the first term. McGonagall gave her speech and then all the first years got sorted. Draco had sat next to me at the Gryffindor table, and it put food on his plate, save he didn't eat much.

I think when everyone crowded into the Great Hall, was when I got sandwiched by people. The fact that I was twice as big as before summer break surprised people. I honestly don't get it. I just trained.

They were all floundering over me. Malovent had been mocking them and every time he said something stupid, I had to stifle a snigger. Though I stared down everyone of them attached to me like leeches.

Oh how I would gladly pass on my 'fame' to someone else. For I surely hated it.

Well, it'll probably be a long time before people stop coming up to you and asking for you autograph or whatever they want these days.

Yes, I just wish everything was over already. The war is coming soon. Speaking of the war, I need to talk to McGonagall and Snape. And this year, Draco stays under my protection. He will not leave my sight.

I squeezed Draco's hand under the table as he pushed his food around his plate. I caught Hermione's glance as she looked between Draco and I sympathetically. Ron was glaring at us as he shovelled food into his mouth and I only thought one word. Asshole. I found it satisfyingly right for him. Although, there were more vulgar words I thought of.

I'll say. Because I'm actually feeling a lot of anticipation for Emmery. About the war, I can help you while you fight. I can link some of my powers with yours so you have extra boosts. Also, I know for certain now that your future will be a little easier than death or suffering. I know whats going to happen. But I can't tell you because it was part of the deal I made. But let me tell you this, whats up ahead will not be easy.

I thought about what Malovent was saying as I rubbed circles on Draco's smooth skin with my thumb. The words processed through my mind and I really wanted to know who Malovent made a deal with and put him in my mind. But I promised I wouldn't. Because I would have to find out on my own.

That's good. I'll need all the magic I can get. Not to mention energy. Should I tell Draco that I'm not going anywhere anymore? Because I know he is really having a hard time with that.

No, don't tell Draco just yet. Because then you will have to explain how you know and then you have to tell him about me being in your head and blah blah blah.

I suppose. Though, I'd better go talk to McGonagall now.

I turned my head and studied Draco. His head was angled low as if he was looking at his lap, but his eyes were focused on his dinner with half lidded eyes. His blonde was hanging over his face as a few stray wisps floated out of place.

I scooted slightly closer to him so I could whisper in his ear. "Come on, honey. I have to talk to McGonagall and Snape. And I need you to come." Ever so slowly, I rose from the table and stepped over the seat, Draco following suit. Together, we silently glided past the rows of tables and up to the Head Teachers table. I could feel multiple pairs of eyes watching us and hearing hushed whispers.

I strode to the middle of the table where the Head mistress was seated, with Snape beside her. "Aah, Mr. Potter and Mr. Malfoy. What can I do for the two of you?" She asked in a delightful voice, a smile on her features. Draco moved to beside me and I saw him still in split mood.

"Ah, Professor McGonagall, Professor Snape, could Draco and I please have a word with the both of you in the Headmistress office. We need to talk." I spoke in a professional voice. McGonagall's eyes held a knowing look, as well as Snape.