Chapter 43

Harry's POV:

It's my birthday in four days. Which is good. Because I'll be seventeen.

Seventeen.

Seventeen.

Merlin, I'll be seventeen. The year is already half over.

The school year is already over. Which means the war will be upon us soon... Oh Merlin!

Seventh year is going to be hard on everyone.

A pecking at the window brought me out of my thoughts. I got up out of my chair and rubbed a hand over the sore spot on my cheek where my hand rested. Drawing back the curtains, Hedwig made another annoyed series of taps. I opened the latch and pushed the window open, soon as I did, Hedwig came in in a blur of feathers and feet.

"Hi girl. That from Hermione?" My movements were slow as I sat back at the desk. Hedwig hooted in answer and I scratched just under her neck before untying the parchment attached to her foot. She pecked at the ribbon before settling herself and furling her head under her wing.

I unrolled the parchment and looked over Hermione's neat writing.

Dear Harry,

I knew it. I absolutely knew it. Sorry, but I knew it.

When I read the first two paragraphs, I thought you were crazy for trying to get your mind off of Draco. And now I know why. But it is good that you are training yourself, Harry. Seventh year begins in two months and you will need to be ready for any attack that Voldermort will pull.

Also, I've learned about tapping into your inner magic. Which is core magic. It's strong and certain wizards are more powerful. Harry, I think you are way more powerful than you realize. You see, because Voldermort is powerful, and you have some of your magic in him, it makes you more powerful. Like, tendrils of his magic is combined in yours.

It would do you good to research this and learn about it so you can tap into your core magic. It may take a while and it is very draining. Make sure to rest after you do something because if you deplete your core magic without letting itself replenish, you could kill yourself.

And I'm sorry. I'm really sorry about Draco. I know you loved him so much. And that you still do. And, I understand where he is coming from. By being near you, he only brings more danger. And he loved you and doesn't want you to get hurt because of him.

Harry, don't strain yourself trying not to think of Draco, ok? You need rest. Speaking of rest, how is your sleep faring?

Stop beating yourself up. This is not your fault. You couldn't have seen it coming. And you're not stupid. Look, here is something that I think could help you. Get a piece of parchment and write down everything you feel. Your thoughts, your emotions and anything Draco-related. Then, read over it and look deeply into everything you wrote. Why did you write this? Sit back and think.

To me, you're not the Boy Who Lived. You're just Harry. Harry Potter. The eleven year old I met on the train. And you always will be. You're brave Harry, very brave.

I've been thinking about what you've been saying a lot. The part where you think something is wrong up with you. Did it start only after you broke up with Draco? Because I have a feeling that those voices are maybe apart of Voldermort's magic trying to hurt you.

And that knife incident, I don't know where it would have come from. My knowledge doesn't extend that far, but I can research it.

I don't know what those words mean. It scares me just as much as it scares you because you're my best friend and I'd hate for something to happen to you. Just think happy thoughts for now, ok?