Chapter 49

Harry's POV:

It's not just me, it's him.

Draco.

He gets them too. 'S why he was crying last night. That's what he told me.

There's a monster residing in his head. Maybe I'm just crazy. Maybe Draco is just crazy. Maybe we need help.

Is there help for such things? For Muggles, they have psychologists. I don't know what wizards have, and I don't particularly want to find out.

Why couldn't I have just been Harry. Harry Potter, a normal wizard. (If there ever was one) Because I don't want to be Harry Potter, Boy Who Lived.

You're the Boy Who Lived for a reason. You're supposed to kill Voldermort when the time comes.

I don't want to kill Voldermort. As much as I hate him and would love for him to suffer, someone else can do it. I'm sick of being the Boy Who Lived. As far as I'm concerned, Voldermort can get stuffed.

My fingers clenched in my hand, drawing half moons of blood. The chair creaked as I leaned back against it, like old wood splintering. It was early in the morning and Draco wouldn't be up for several hours. Vernon has long since left me alone and Dudley has picked up the slack around the house with the help of Petunia. I don't need them and they don't need me. They never did, they were just lazy.

You're concerned in every part. There is something about the prophecy that you should know. See, the prophecy says that one can not survive without the other. Meaning, if you kill Voldermort, you die as well. And vice versa. Which means you have to sacrifice yourself to save the lives of everyone, including your Draco. But if someone else kills Voldermort, you do not die. Instead, you deal with a lifetime of suffering seized by Voldermort's death. It will cause you great pain and anger, driving away everyone you love. So really, you only have one choice. Kill Voldermort yourself.

Oh my. You tell me that now?! How do you know what the prophecy says anyway? I've never read it, only heard some bits. But certainly not that bit. What are you? And why are you in my head? What purpose do you have?

I bolted up from leaning over and hunched myself at the desk. I thought over things carefully in my head before taking a glance at Draco. So far, so good. He won't be up for another couple of hours. I sighed and drew my finger across the desk, tracing the lines of the wood and digging at it.

Well, I couldn't think of a better time to bring it up. And as for how I came to know of it, it's difficult. Harry, I'm not your conscience as you originally thought I were. You see, I was put here by someone. Someone who thought you would need the help. I'm a demon spirit and I'm doing a favour for the person who put me here. As shocking as that is. I've seen all your memories and I know your every thought and emotion.

I nearly fell off the chair, but one of my hands shot out and grabbed the desk in a Seeker reflex way. It created a loud thud and I slowly swivelled my head to look at Draco. He didn't move, except for a particularly long breath that escaped his soft pink lips. I watched his sleeping form for a few more minutes and he only moved once, which was to turn his body to the side slightly. Merlin, he's even graceful in the way he sleeps.

I turned back to the desk and righted myself. There is a demon spirit in my head. Oh gods. This is scary. Majorly so. And whats even more scary is that he is helping me. A demon, for Merlin's sake. This cannot be good.

Who put you in my head? And exactly how long have you been in there?

I cannot tell you who put me here because that would blow their cover. As for how long I've been here, I would roughly say since the day Draco first left.