Chapter 60

Draco's POV:

"Come on, I'll see you soon. Promise. Love you!" Harry pressed a kiss to my lips. I wouldn't even call it a kiss. More of a... Peck, or something. I attempted to grab onto Harry as he left, but he slipped right through my fingers.

Don't leave me here, Harry!

Just as Harry disappeared from view, Severus' office door opened. I swivelled my body around and met him just as he came into view. "Ah, I thought I heard something out here. Come in, Draco." I shuffled inside and studied the interior of his office, like I do the many times I've been in here.

The office door closed with an audible thump and Severus glided past me in a flurry of black robes to his chair. As he sat, I plopped myself onto the black leather couch seated against the wall. "And how are you doing, Draco?" His low voice was slightly monotonous, sounding almost as if he were teaching.

I made myself comfortable, readjusting a few times before answering him. "Quite... Alright, I guess. Just watching and waiting. Perfectly content with Harry's presence. Going about daily routines." I couldn't quite comprehend what I was thinking. My nerves were kick start all over the place.

The bloody upcoming war had me on edge. And I had a feeling it would be sooner than expected. "Sounds like a handful. Tell me Draco, how are you feeling?" How was I feeling? I was a bit put off at the question, because, well, I don't really know.

I was feeling happy that I was around Harry, yet I was feeling anxious because of the darn war. Then there was anger towards Voldemort and Weaselbee, as well as my father. Yet, I was feeling sorrowful towards his death. I wanted to be bound by an attitude that stuck. I wanted to be my old self where I could be guilt free and king of the school.

Yet, I didn't want to be that because I was Harry's now. And I didn't want to lose Harry to simple minded things. "I would say mixed." I scuffed my shoe on the ground and looked at Severus as he piled his work said on his desk and clasped his hands together, looking at me with a serious face.

"Draco, I have a feeling that maybe, the war might be sooner than expected. I suppose it would be when Voldemort feels he is ready to attack. But aside from that, what's troubling you? You're not your usual self." Severus had shimmed to a caring fatherly tone and I resoluted in that, because it was never something I got from my father.

Sighing, I sunk further into the couch seat and placed my hands together, twiddling my thumbs and knocking my knees. The second time I looked at Severus for across the room, he had one eyebrow raised and his onyx eyes were questioning with a chill seriousness. Lips pressed into a tight line and jaw set. How picturesque.

His questioning gaze caused me to crack under pressure. "Everything. I don't now how to act or how to feel. I don't know what I should do because I'm just so anxious and hanging off the edge. My nerves are pinched and my brain is fried. I tired myself out from crying last night and I don't even know why I was crying for my father. I feel albeit better now, but I'm just so stuck.

I want to do all these things that I used to, but I know that if I do, I might lose Harry. And I'm always thinking about how he might leave me because I'm not good enough for him. Because he's the Boy Who Lived. The Chosen One. I'll never be good enough for him and one day, he will turn around and say it. Even when we get married, I'll still be doubting." I babbled as much as I could in a few breaths, and completely ready to say more.

"And not only that, but there's the fact that I've got this mark on my arm and people judge me for it. I can't be happy in public without people tossing crude comments at me because I'm the son of Lucius Malfoy. Harry is my lifeline. My only source of happiness. And if he leaves me, I don't know what I'll do." In saying all of this, I hadn't realized the hot tears spilling down my cheeks.