Chapter 20 (Enchanted)

Beautiful Disaster

Chapter 20

Enchanted

Hope

I walked through the church with Holly and Hannah making sure everything was perfect for tomorrow. I couldn't believe that tomorrow I would be Mrs. Ethan James Avery. Two years had gone by too fast, and I could feet the jitters getting to me.

Ethan and I had taken it slow as he had promised. Even though I still loved Dem, I somehow found a place for him in my heart as well. We dated for a year before becoming engaged. Now another year had gone by, and tomorrow I would no longer be Hope Winters. That thought frightened me more than any other. I was happy with Ethan; I truly did love him. Maybe I didn't love him as much as I loved Dem, but I did love Ethan. He knew I still loved Dem and he had accepted it a long time ago. I guess I felt as if I should be walking down the aisle towards Dem tomorrow instead of Ethan.

I shook my head trying to rid myself of thoughts of Dem and what could have been. Yes, Dem would always be my soul mate, but Ethan was here and he made me happy. I thought back to the night Ethan proposed.

*Flashback*

"You look beautiful tonight." Ethan smiled lovingly at me as I looped my arm through his and we made our way into the restaurant he had booked for us tonight.

"Thanks babe! I can't believe it's been a year." I sighed. We walked up to the hostess' station and Ethan gave the girl his name. She lead us to a candle lit table in the back and Ethan pulled my chair out for me.

"I hope this place is ok?" Ethan questioned warily.

"It's perfect. I don't know why you feel the need to spoil me so much." I winked at him. We ordered our dinner and made small talk while we ate.

"Are you ready to get out of here?" Ethan asked taking the receipt from the waiter.

"Yeah, let's go." I allowed Ethan to lead me out of the restaurant and to the car. We got in and he grabbed my hand.

"Why are we at the animal shelter?" I asked confused.

"I have a surprise for you." Ethan smiled and led me inside.

As soon as we walked in a cute little pug puppy waddled over to me with a bow tied around her neck. I picked her up and cuddled her in my arms. I went to untie the bow around her neck and found a velvet box attached to the ribbon.

"I'll take her for a second." Ethan took the puppy from me and set her down on the floor.

"Ethan, this is too much." I sighed as I rubbed the top of the jewelry box.

"Here, let me." Ethan took the box from me and my hands flew up to my face when he got down on one knee and opened the box. There set nestled in the center a beautiful princess cut solitary diamond. It was a beautiful ring.

"Oh Ethan!" I exclaimed as tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Hope, I know I will never fully have your heart, but I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you do me the honor of being my wife?" Ethan asked with so much emotion laced in his voice.

"Yes!" I whispered. I looked down at my ring finger where Dem's promise ring still sat. It hurt me to take it off and replace it with Ethan's ring. I felt like I was replacing Dem even though I knew I wasn't. Dem was gone, and he wanted me to move on. Moving on meant taking his ring off and putting Ethan's on.

"I love you so much!" Ethan kissed me then spun me around as the puppy barked happily. I reached down and picked her up then kissed Ethan once more. I was finally happy.