Chapter 22 (Whatever I Can Do)

Beautiful Disaster

Chapter 22

Whatever I Can Do

Hope

I woke up to the sound of the shower running. I steed up at the ceiling still trying to get used to waking up in a foreign in a foreign bed. I was still used to sleeping at Kristy's house in Dem's bed. I got up and walked downstairs to the kitchen and started a pot of coffee. I quickly scrambled some effacing and made toast while Ethan was still in the shower.

We had moved into the new house right after the honeymoon. It was a beautiful yellow two story house with an amazing back yard. I was lucky Ethan was approved for the loan. He had been so excited when he arrived at his apartment four moths ago to tell me. I sighed knowing I should be happier than I am. I knew it wouldn't be easy leaving the comfort of Dem's house, but I married Ethan. Right now, he deserves every ounce of attention I can give him.

Ethan has stuck by my side and made me believe that I could love again. I never thought anyone else was out there for me. Then Ethan came waltzing back into my life. He made me understand that I could love again; that I didn't have to be alone for the rest of my life. For that reason alone, I now consider him my world. When we were on our honeymoon I promised that I would give all that I am. He was my hero when I needed him. I vowed to be his hero from now on and do whatever I can for him.

"Good morning, Mrs. Avery. Breakfast smells wonderful." Ethan wrapped his arms around me and kissed me making me smile.

"Morning, now hurry up and eat before you're late to work." I pushed him towards the table.

"If I didn't know any better; I would say you're trying to get rid of me." Ethan joked before biting into a slice of toast.

"I am, Mom, Kristy, and I are going shopping. This place is bare. It needs my womanly touch to brighten it up." I replied with a smirk.

"I'm glad you're finally getting used to this place. " Ethan smiled.

"Me too, it's a beautiful house." I replied sitting down across from him.

"When do you work again?" Ethan asked as he got up and rinsed his plate out in the sink. I noticed he didn't put it in the dishwasher.

"Tomorrow. I'm glad I got extended leave, but I can't wait to work with the animals again." I answered happily. I really had missed my little furry friends while I was gone.

"I want you to put in your two weeks notice. Now that I'm doing well at the clinic there's no need for you to work." Ethan stated.

"But I like working there with the animals." I said confused.

"I know, and you can still volunteer a few days a week. I'd just rather have you here. You shouldn't have to work. I'm doing well enough to provide for both of us." Ethan explained, but I still didn't understand why I couldn't work.

"I know you can provide for both of us. I really like working though. It gives me something to do during the day." I argued.

"Hope, please don't argue with me. I really need you to do this for me. It will make me feel like I am doing everything a proper husband should do for his wife." Ethan held my face between his hands and kisses me tenderly on the lips.

"Fine, I'll put in my two weeks notice tomorrow. Like you said, I can still volunteer a few days a week.

"Right, see you tonight. I love you. " Ethan kissed me goodbye then left for work.

"Love you, too." I called after him.

I cleaned the kitchen up before I went upstairs to get dressed for the day. It still bothered me that Ethan wanted me to quit my job and stay at home. I was an independent girl who knew how to take care of herself. Ethan and I were going to have to have a talk soon.