Chapter 3 - Proper Introduction

Kaden waited in the car while I finished getting ready before I joined him, getting into the passenger seat.

"You look nice." He smirked and I cursed in my head but didn't respond, and instead just shrugged my shoulders.

The closer we got to Adrian's, the more nervous I became, until I was flat out fidgeting in my seat. I knew Kaden had noticed but he didn't say anything.

"Maybe this isn't such a good idea after all." I was chickening out, I know, but I was so damn nervous, and the fact that I was nervous made me even more nervous.

"You can't back out now, we're nearly there." And he was right, a couple turns later and we were pulling up into his driveway.

"Maybe it would be best if you went without me." I eyed the house in front of me, remembering the last time I was here and suppressed a shudder.

"Nope. I have already told you that I have tried, we have all tried. Now it is your turn." He turned the engine off and climbed out. I sighed but got out as well. Sheepishly following him to the door, he didn't knock, just entered. We went into the living room, where Zach was cuddling up to Adrian as they watched a movie.

"Adrian." His eyes flashed from to telly to where Kaden and I stood, he paused the movie and now Adrian and Zach were both looking at us. I didn't say anything and just let Kaden speak.

"Where's Cameron?" Kaden questioned.

"He went upstairs, need any assistance?" Adrian was prepared to join us but Kaden had different ideas as he shook his head.

"No, I think it best if we don't overwhelm him with all of us there. Thank you." Kaden inclined his head, to which Adrian returned the gesture before Kaden started to head up the stairs, indicating for me to follow. I shot Adrian and Zach one last look before following after him.

He stopped in front of Adrian's bedroom and gave a light knock on the door. There was no answer so Kaden opened the door slightly, peeking in. I guess he didn't know which room he would be in but after a second, he opened the door more and stepped inside. I swallowed down, trying to rid the nervousness that consumed me and entered the room after him.

Cameron lay sprawled out in the middle of Adrian's bed, fast asleep. The sight was absolutely adorable, I cringed at my own thoughts and forced down the laugh that bubbled in my throat. Kaden shot me a knowing look before he approached the bed, lightly shaking Cameron's shoulder as not to scare him. Well needless to say he failed.

Cameron shot up in bed, pushing himself back against the wall, staring at Kaden with wide, terrified eyes that filled me with pain and anger. Who made him like this? Who or what was the reason for his fear?

Kaden backed away slightly, hands raised in the air to show him he wasn't going to hurt him, and Cameron quickly calmed down as he recognised who it was.

"Sorry, Cameron. I did not mean to scare you and I am sorry for waking you, I know how tired you must be." Cameron shook his head, forcing a little smile. When was the last time he smiled properly? Naturally?

"It's okay, I didn't even mean to fall asleep, I was just-" He cut himself off with a gasp as he finally noticed my presence.

"I wanted to check how you were doing, Cameron. And I thought maybe I could introduce you properly to Gabriel." I watched Cameron watch me and I saw it again, amazement clouded his eyes and I felt high. I couldn't speak.

"So how are you, Cameron?" I'm glad Kaden was here, otherwise we would have probably spent the whole time just staring at each other in amazement. I could not explain how pathetic and crazed I felt, my mind felt bipolar at all the emotions I was experiencing.