Chapter 14 - The truth about Cameron

Adrian was told he had to rest and wouldn't be able to fight for at least a week which he wasn't at all happy about, but Kaden insisted he listened to the doctor. He still wasn't happy, but he agreed, blatantly asking if he could still do...stuff with Zach.

I tuned out wandering what I would tell Gabriel when I got back. Kaden was right, he was probably super worried, especially after I randomly went missing. How long has it been? Have I been here long?

"Cameron?" I turned to Kaden who smiled kindly at me. Adrian was all patched up now and eager to get back to his keeper.

"You ready to go?" Kaden repeated the question I initially missed, and I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment as I nodded my head.

Kaden created a purple shield that he called a portal, it would lead us to Adrian's house which will hopefully be where Gabriel and Zach were. Adrian was quick to enter it and Kaden placed his hand on my shoulder, giving it a light squeeze but I winced.

"Are you okay?" Concern took over his face as he pulled back the shirt on my shoulder.

"Just a scratch." I assured but he pulled more back, calling over the doctor who inspected my shoulder.

I was eager to join Adrian back in the real world, but Kaden made me sit still for 5 minutes as the doctor treated my shoulder, the bandage was uncomfortable under my shirt, but I was instructed to keep it on. I had to change the bandage once a day until the wound had healed.

With one last thank you to the doctor I finally stepped through the portal with Kaden on my heals. And just like that we were standing in Adrian's kitchen.

Gabriel, Zach, and Adrian were sitting at the table talking but it was cut silent when we entered and Gabriel threw himself at me, holding me so tight like he might lose me.

My arms wrapped around him, inhaling his scent as I enjoyed the tingles that rushed through my body from his touch. The events of the day finally caught up to me and I suddenly felt exhausted.

I clung to the boy in front of me like my life depended on it, my original plan for today was to tell Gabriel the truth about my past but instead I ended up learning the truth about his world.

I still wanted to talk to him but for now I just wanted to collapse in bed with Gabriel. But I couldn't even do that, could I? Why was my life so hard?

"I'm so glad you're okay." I could almost hear the desperation in his voice as he made no move to release me.

Zach was freaking out over Adrian's wounds, no matter how many times he told him he was alright. Kaden looked knackered but kept it together as he tried to calm everyone down.

I knew we had to talk about what happened today but right now I only care about Gabriel. I grabbed him gently by the wrist and dragged him with me upstairs until we were standing in my room. Nobody followed to which I was grateful.

Gabriel stood in front of me and I got the time to fully take in his appearance, his eyes were watery, but he looked relieved, he hadn't changed from what he was wearing at school but his jacket was now dishevelled.

With one small step in his direction I threw my arms around him once more, pulling him against me, my nose sinking into his soft hair that looked like he ran his hand through just a few too many times.

"I'm okay, Gabriel" I whispered and my heart nearly broke as I heard him sob into my chest.

"I was so worried." His voice was strained as he tried to get the words out without completely breaking down.

I backed away a little to look into his eyes, wiping away a stray tear with my thumb before my fingers found his chin and I lifted his head slightly to link my lips with his.