Chapter 22 - Tough Day At School

-Gabriel's POV-

Cameron finally got all his questions out and Kaden kept to his word, giving as much information as he could.

I don't know how to explain it, but we came to a kind of silent agreement while we pondered over all the new knowledge we had acquired. Cameron was feeling better about it, I could tell, and it made me feel a lot better, knowing he was getting there slowly.

As much as I didn't want to leave Cameron, I could see how comfortable he had become around Kaden and the king gladly returned the favour, so I quickly excused myself to go to the bathroom.

My keeper was a soldier, I'd heard rumours before, of a soul being born with the natural ability to control their powers but I never would have thought I would ever be bonded with one.

I was so proud of Cameron, if it were me, I would have been terrified but he handled it so well even if sometimes he did need a small nudge, but that's what I'm here for.

My keeper was practically famous and I wanted to show him off but we would go at his own pace and I would be there to constantly remind him how proud I am and how so in love with him I am.

I quickly washed my hands and splashed water on my face before heading back out to the king's quarters, they should be done by now as they were just finishing things up when I had left.

"Baby?" I asked, as I entered the room and to my surprise Adrian was sitting on the sofa like he had never left.

"You talking to me?" Adrian asked, pointing to himself.

"Does it sound like I'm talking to you?" I rolled my eyes.

"I don't know, man, you're looking right at me."

I shook my head, just as Cameron and Kaden walked out of the office, my keeper wore a small smile on his face and his shoulders weren't as tense as before. I quickly rushed to his side, taking his hand in mine to which he didn't complain and squeezed my hand tightly.

"You should all go home now; we have school tomorrow." Kaden said.

"What about you?" Adrian asked, jumping up from his spot on the sofa.

"I am going to stay here tonight, but I will see you all at school tomorrow."

"So, what you're saying is you're gonna be late tomorrow, gotcha." Adrian teased, a goofy smile on his face.

Kaden just shook his head and turned around, he wished us all a goodnight before he vanished back into his office.

Adrian rushed off to his keeper not long after that and I took Cameron back to Adrian's house where we nestled into bed together and Cameron told me what Kaden had said when I left.

Kaden was super supportive of Cameron and I appreciated that, and my keeper clearly felt like he could fully trust him now and I was so happy. He was making so much progress, I was officially excited for the future.

***

-Kaden's POV-

As predicted by Adrian I was late to school, by a whole hour this time, keeping up with my duties in Galtolga and school was a lot more difficult than I originally thought.

Most nights I collapsed from exhaustion and as much as I wanted to sleep the day away, I forced myself out of bed anyway, trying to make myself look as decent as possible before carrying out my daily duties.

I gave the guards updates for the day and made sure they were all at their posts with details of the latest events and updates before I was finally able to head to school.