Chapter 16 - Back To The Facility

-Cameron's POV-

I rushed to the bathroom, waving Zach on ahead, I knew he was eager to see Adrian and I could really use a minute alone right now.

Luckily, the bathroom was empty when I entered, most students were probably already making their way home. However, I was hit with an uncomfortable feeling that made me sick to the stomach.

Dropping in front of the nearest toilet I could find; I emptied the contents of my stomach into the bowl with a low groan. The strain on my throat was agonising but I pushed through it, knowing I would feel better once I got it out of my system.

I don't know where the sudden feeling came from but I didn't like it, I hadn't experienced something like this since I was back at the facility and it left me with a banging headache and a sense of pure dread.

Finally recovering from my shock, I wiped my mouth, content that nothing more was going to come up, I dragged myself from the floor, using the walls of the stool for support and flushed the toilet, washing away the bad feeling.

I felt feverish as I wobbled my way to the sink and quickly washed out my mouth and wet my face with the cool water.

Feeling a little better, I examined myself in the mirror, taking in my appearance. I was sweating and my cheeks were flushed, the want to crawl into bed and never leave was hitting hard, I need to find Gabriel.

Sighing at my rugged appearance, I turned away from the mirror, not wanting to see myself in such a state.

"You're okay" I breathed, calming myself down the best I could.

"Just go find Gabriel, he'll know what to do." I nodded my head firmly, not giving myself time to freak out about how much I craved the boy's presence.

He was worried at dinner and I didn't know why, nor did I get the chance to ask him because we never got a moment alone but maybe he would tell me once we get home.

Smiling at the thought of how I had woken up this morning, I felt my heart pick up its pace, I wished to do that again, would he let me?

I wasn't joking when I said it was the best night's sleep I had gotten in a long time, there was just something about falling asleep in his arms that made me feel safe, I felt loved and I wanted to feel that every day.

The smile on my face wouldn't fade so I decided to wear it with pride as I headed towards the bathroom door to find my keeper. It felt so weird calling him that but, in a way, it felt so right, almost...perfect.

Before I could reach the door, it swung open and I jumped back with a flinch. I thought everybody would have gone home by now, but I hoped Gabriel had waited around for me.

A tall guy walked in wearing a white coat, his eyes landed on me with a soft smile and I felt bile rise in the back of my throat.

No, no, no, this can't be happening. Please, tell me they didn't find me. Crap, crap, what do I do?

"It's good to see you again, Cameron. Mind if we have a little chat?" His smile would have been calming if I hadn't known who he was.

I backed away in pure fear, my heartbeat in my ears as I clenched my fists together. I couldn't find the words to speak, the actions to move, I couldn't do anything, I was frozen in fear. Wait, he knew my name?

"You don't have to be scared; I only want to help you." No... I don't need your help. At least, that's what I wanted to say but my body wasn't cooperating.

His hand landed on my shoulder, making me grimace at his touch that was anything but friendly. His smile said trust me, but his grasp said fear me.