Chapter 21 - Eyes Like Fire

-Cameron's POV-

I didn't know what to think when Kaden handed me a file with my father's name on. All kinds of theories ran through my mind before I could even think to read on, was my dad bad? Was this a criminal report? Did Kaden know my dad? Was my dad one of us?

I shook my head at the last one, that couldn't be true, no way he would have sent me to that facility in the first place if that were true.

Whatever it was, my eyes wouldn't allow me to read further, scared of what I would find out. Of course, a part of me wanted to know but what if it was related to the truth behind the colour of my eyes? Was I cursed?

"Baby, it's not going to help jumping to conclusions, why don't we find a quiet place so you can read it?" Gabriel offered, giving me an encouraging tug with his hand.

My mind was still fuzzy as I managed to nod, I was still in shock and mindlessly started to walk forwards only to be pulled back a second later.

Soft lips fell onto mine, a gasp slipping passed my lips as I pushed harder against Gabriel, completely losing myself in the boy. I still can't believe what we had done but it felt so right, I wanted all of him now and forever, not a part of me regretted what happened, and honestly, there was a part of me that hoped it would happen again.

It was a strange feeling, being bound to Gabriel. It's like I could feel his emotions, hear his thoughts and feel him everywhere. His scent, taste and aroma consumed me, and I loved every part of it.

For once in my life I felt important, I craved it, a reason for being here, a reason to make all the pain and suffering worth it and Gabriel was my reason.

And still he managed to make my heart race, my cheeks flush and my body feel feverish. The tingles were present every time we touched, and I never want to get used to it, I want to feel it all like it is the first time.

His lips pulled back from mine and subconsciously I tried to chase them. Only snapping out of it once I heard Gabriel chuckle. My cheeks heated up as I finally opened my eyes to see him smiling down at me with an adoring gaze.

"Better?" He asked and it took me a moment to realise he was snapping me out of my stupefied state.

"Thank you. Let's go somewhere quiet." I agreed, taking his hand in mine once more. It was crazy to think Gabriel was all I needed anymore, nothing else really mattered.

"There is one place we could go, I used to go there all the time when I was younger, it was my escape away from home and the view is beautiful, I think you'll like it." Gabriel was smiling softly as we walked hand in hand.

"Lead the way, boyfriend." I teased, feeling more like myself with every second I spent with this boy and the look he sent me was so worth it.

"I like how that sounds." He smirked, holding my hand, and leading the way in a completely different direction.

We walked for about 10 minutes, mostly silent as we took in our surroundings and enjoyed the feel of the cool air that surrounded us. It felt incredible to walk so freely and I realised that I hadn't actually had the chance to do this before.

It hadn't even occurred to me what it may feel like to just walk in the fresh air without a care in the world, I breathed in the scent of nature the further we walked and I really liked it. I felt free and being able to experience something like this with Gabriel was more than I could ever ask for.

The sky here was so beautiful, like nothing I had ever seen before, mixes of reds, oranges and yellows swirling together to create the perfect scenery. It flattered the land it stood above and left the city and forests in a beautiful romantic glow.