Chapter 20: Project

Dumating ang araw ng byernes. Ibig sabihin ay kailangan naming i-present ang aming project. Documentation ng aming buhay. Sa tingin ko ay parang isa itong autobiography. Kailangan naming ikwento ang buhay namin, ang naging love story ng mga magulang namin, ang lahat ng nangyari sa buong buhay namin.

Nang sinabi ko ito kay mommy noong nakaraang araw ay nagdalawang-isip sya kung sasabihin nya sa akin ang naging love story nila ng aking ama. Pati sya ay natatakot na baka may hindi magandang mangyari sa akin kapag binalikan ko lahat ng mga ala-ala ko. Ngunit sa huli ay nakumbinsi ko syang ikwento ang lahat ng kailangan kong malaman. Alam kong masakit din para sa kanya na balikan ang naging istorya nila ng aking ama ngunit kinaya nya para sa akin.

"Queen are you sure kaya mo? Pwede naman tayong makiusap kung hindi mo kaya." Nag-aalalang tanong sa akin ni Kirsten.

"I'm fine, Kirsten. Tsaka nandito na ito, nakagawa na ako." Sagot ko sa kanya bago ako humarap kay Louiz na kasalukuyang kinukwento ang buhay nya.

"My parents are just like any other parents in the world. They love each other so much. They fought together in order for them to be husband and wife. My mother's parents did not want my father for her. My mom was from a popular and rich family while my dad was from orphanage. Even though their worlds are apart and different, destiny found its way to make them fall in love with each other." Pagsisimula ni Louiz. Kinilig naman ang mga babae kong kaklase.

"Years after marriage, my mom died because of heart disease. Two years after she left, my dad followed her in heaven. He died because of car accident. I had a younger sister who inherited my mom's disease. As an older sister, I had to work hard for my sister. I had to quit my studies in order for me to have a decent job. I had to do everything to have money, to save my sister's life." Pagpapatuloy nya bago nya kinuha ang tissue na iniabot sa kanya ni Dhepriz.

"After three years of fighting, she left me. They all left me alone, but God did not leave me. He used people to save me, to have a new life with my new family. Mrs. Angela Aragon, Queen's mom, adopted me and helped me to achieve my sister's dream, to be a popular artist." Huling sinabi ni Louiz bago nag-bow sa harap.

Pumalakpak ang aming propesor maging ang mga kaklase namin. Ngumiti si Louiz sa kanila bago sya naglakad pabalik sa pwesto nya. Samantala, tinawag naman ng aming propesor ang susunod na magpre-present sa harap, and its me.

Naglakad ako papunta sa harap bago ngumiti sa mga kaklase ko. "Some of you may know the story of my life. Some of you may know me but I still want to share my life story." Pagsisimula ko bago ako nagbalik tanaw sa nakaraan.

"I came from a broken family, and my mom raised me. When I was seven years old, I requested my mom that I want to be with my dad. My dad who always leaves the house early and come back every after two days. As a child I also wanted to sleep with my parents on my both sides. I also wanted to play with them and to travel the world with them. But guess what? Fate did not let me. So that's why I wanted to be with my father."

"My dad took me from my mom and brought me to his mansion where his another family lives. His wife and their children live at Reyes mansion. I really wanted to be with him so I agreed to be their nanny." Nang sinabi ko ito ay nakarinig ako ng mga gasp at ilang pagrereklamo.

"I really do not know what happened to my parents, I do not know their love story. What I know is, their marriage did not work. I will not know about their broken marriage if I did not live with my dad."

"His daughter with other woman and I became friends. We treated each other as sisters. We had that special bond that no one will break. That was what I know before, but after what she did to me, after what they did to me, I know in my heart that I will never ever trust them again."

Napatigil ako sa pagkwento nang marinig kong nagtanong ang isa kong kaklase. "Steffi Fernandez is the girl you're talking about Queen, right?" Tanong nya.

"Yes, she is. Steffi is my step sister. She is the daughter of my dad. Her family and my family are not that close. They have unfinished business that they need to talk about." Sagot ko sa kanya.

"My mom told me that Steffi's mom and her are best friends before but something happened between them that made them hate each other. I do not want to ask my mom about what happened to them before because I don't want to see her cry. All I know is, they once treated each other as sisters. The story of their friendship was similar with what happened between me and Steffi, that's for sure."

"Kailan ka bumalik sa mom mo, Queen?" Tanong ng isa kong kaklase.

"After what happened that night, my mom found me in jail. She did not let my dad to be with me, to meet me or to talk to me. My mom and I made a wall that no one will break. If that wall will stand still, I know no one will hurt me again." Huli kong sinabi sa kanila bago nagsalita ang propesor ko.

"I'm sure everyone knows the story of Queen Angel so no need to elaborate, Queen. You may go back to your seat. Thank you." Sabi sa akin ng aming propesor bago ako naglakad pabalik sa upuan ko kung saan naghihintay ang mga kaibigan ko sa akin.

###