Throughout the years

I Lie there, Staring at the ceiling, My back against the cold floor While Swinging the chain around my finger, occasionally stopping and letting it fall into my palm in a little puddle, then starting up the whole process again. I keep my breath even, in out, in out, One two..one two.

There's nothing to look at really, Unless I wanted to go through more of those letters. But that didn't seem like a choice to me anymore. I didn't dare go through anymore, who knew what else He wrote, and I don't want to know. Not saying I think he is.. But maybe, He is? No. He cant possibly be. I close my eyes and wrap my arms around myself, Drifting off into a much wanted dream. But then I see flashes..Color, and I suddenly don't want to dream no, because this isn't a dream. Its a flashback, a nightmare. But I'm already to far in Unconsciousness to fight against it.

______________

Flashback.

______________________

"Hey mom !!!" I sing Dropping my book bag on the floor as I pop my head into the kitchen.

"mom...?" I say seeing her facing the sink, staring out the window.

" Um, why is there boxes everywhere. ?" I say Dropping my hands to my sides.

She turns around and for the first time, I see her face. Its red and Tears stained. "Mom! what happened ?" I say rushing over to her. "Honey..." She whispers stroking my hair back. " Ahh, We've had this house for so long, From when me and your dad first got married which was years ago."

I blink, "What are you talking about ?"

She smiles and sniffs, wiping her nose with the back off her hand to only turn back around and rest her hands on the sink.

"Your father found a job.. It pays better and will keep us financially stable. We've been struggling with the bills and this is the perfect opportunity.."

"What ?" I blurt. "No..I-"

'Honey, He found another house too, Not as big but It's just as great."

"No!" I scream. "No, we can't leave! Im not leaving! This is my house, my friends are here, My school," And then I whisper to self, "Ryan is here."

She reaches for my hand and I yank it away.

"Why! Why? I don't fucking understand! "

"Don't you cuss in this house, Emm-"

"I don't care! This is my life, my house, and this is what I want! What I choose and you cant take it away from me and rip it up! You're fucking up everything!" I scream kicking a box so it tips over, and all the contents spill out.

She presses her lips in a thin line and Focuses her angry stare at me, 'Now honey, don't you dare say this is your life! Its all of ours and what your father chooses goes, You do not choose what goes, understand ? Now go pack your things!"

Tears prickle in my eyes and I angrily wipe them away. "I wish you were never my mother, I wish I never had parents! I wish I was taken away from here! I fucking Hate you to death!" and with that I run out of the backdoor and down the ally, Kicking pebbles and empty beer cans as I walk away, not having any idea where I'm going. Then Suddenly I know exactly where I'm going. I Turn around and make a left, Heading towards the old white house with ivy growing up the side of the house.

I step up on the porch and Knock on the door.

I wait and suddenly the door opens, revealing the one person I wanted to see right now.