I'll never forget

A strong grip tugging on my arm jolts me awake and I open my eyes. I breathe quickly and then blink, seeing a mans hand on my arm. I smile and laugh, "Oh god, Ryan! I had this horrid dream..."

"Ma'am, I'm sorry, But my name isn't Ryan. Please stand up if you will." A hard deep voice erupts from near me. I finally rub my eyes and look over to the man who looks nothing like Ryan. Suddenly fear washes over me, and everything from earlier comes back to me.

"Wait..."

The man tugs me so I stumble out of the police car, sputtering words that make no sense and feeling my brain turn to mush.

The guy puts a stiff hand to my back, right between my shoulder blades. I wriggle my hands around and flinch, feeling raw pain throughout my wrists. 

The man puts more pressure between my shoulder blades, ushering me towards the dull grey building. Police station of course.

The man stops in front of the doors and clings his pointer finger in my cuffs. He must be doing this just in case I try to run.

He swings the door open and pushes me through.

"Hey Wes!"

I look over to my right to see a desk with a police officer at it. Most likely the head chief.

He runs a hand through his hair. I cant see his face though because he's working on something on his desk. He somewhat reminds me of someone... I just cant put my finger on it. I'm too drained to think anymore of it anyway, so without another though I sit down in one of the chairs in the lobby, as ordered by the police officer. But before he completely leaves my alone, he takes my left cuff off and cuffs it to the bench that is connected to the wall. He then advances the head chief I'm guessing and proceeds to talk to him, making tons of hand gestures.

I look over to the side through the glass doors. I can see the other police cars pulling up. I know who's sitting in the backseat of one of them too. I look away, feeling drained enough. I don't think I can take another round of sobbing, but i'm sure I'll have to deal with it soon anyway. They don't get out of the vehicle though, they just sit there.

Aren't they going to come in and repeat the process with Ryan..?

I stare over to the officer and head chief and then get a good look at him.

That's when it hits me.

It's ..

It's Wes.

Weston. It's the guy I met at the gas station. Oh my god. Iit's fucking Weston. How come I didn't see it before? The dark wavy hair? His dark brown eyes?

He never told me he was a police officer.. Nor that he lived here now?

Suddenly he looks over at me and he stares at me for a second, most likely thinking my face over. Then suddenly his eyes slowly grow wide, his mouth gaping open a bit. But not enough to reveal anything to the police officer standing there next to him. He quickly sits up straighter, acting professional again.

"Uh, bill. I think I remember Kate wanting to talk to you in her office for a second. Would you mind checking in on that?"

"Well.."

"Don't worry, I'll handle the girl."

"Alright, be back in a jiff Wes."

Wes nods and watches as 'Bill' walks away. He then looks over to me and walks towards me looking at me disapprovingly.

"What the hell is all this. Your charged for killing a police officer? What the hell Emma!?" He says raising his voice at me.

"You never told me you were a police officer." I say, completely ignoring his last statements.