Lonely

Dragging my aching feet through mulch and dried leaves I've somehow managed to get myself even deeper in these old woods. All I've heard in the last hour or so was some birds and maybe the occasional squeak of squirrels here and there. But nothing close to what I really want to hear.

I finally stop and collapse on the ground. I have this urge to curl up in a ball and sob my heart out, but I've cried so much these past days, I don't think I have any more left to cry. So what do I do now? I lay here, like the useless person I am.

My million futile attempts to find Ryan failed every time. Every single little time. Maybe I'll just give up. He's strong, right? Surely He found help. Yes..

I stand up once more, now focused on getting myself out of here. I stumble over towards a tree and I move away some brush that had worked it's self in my way. I march through the path that I am making with my eyes. I slide past numerous bushes and trees and small ponds until I see it.

Not too far away is a little log cabin. The old logs covered with moss and dirt, making the log cabin camouflage in with this whole forest. My heart is pounding as fast a stallion and every little cell in my body is screaming at me that there's at least a fifty-fifty chance he's resting there. before I can even register what's going on I start running towards the cabin. 

I reach the door and I pound on it furiously until It opens.

I stare at the girl not much younger than me. Maybe only by a year or two. She's beautiful, not a imperfection in place. Her long black silky hair is placed up in a bun and her dark brown eyes sparkle with innocence. Her creamy white skin glows and I can't help but feel insecure about how I look. 

Her eyes scan me from top to bottom and she gasps, "Are you alright?" She asks.

Not thinking twice about how I look I start to peer over her shoulder, looking for any sign of who I'm really looking for.

She follows my eyes, trying to see what Im looking for, then she grabs my shoulder, "Excuse me, are you alright?" She repeats.

Finally I meet her eyes, "Have you saw.." my mouth goes dry when someone comes in view beyond the couch in the house. My breathing hitches and I feel a smile cross my features.

"Ryan!"

The girl furrows her eyebrows and looks behind her, spotting Ryan. "Ah, Ryan-" Before she can finish her sentence I push her to the side roughly and I stumble over to Ryan, clutching him in a hug. Then I start crying.

"Ryan..." I breathe, "I thought y-you were dead!" I gasp out. I clutch him and he pats my back. 

"No, I'm fine.." He says.

He tries to pull me off him But I just clutch to his shirt tighter. "Don't leave again..." I start rambling on about random things. "Don't disappear.." I let out another sob before Mumbling, "Don't leave me. Im scared."

"Shh, it's okay."

But then another thought hits me and I stop crying. I pull back and look down at his stomach. "Are you okay? What happened to the blood, Your okay, right?" I mumble.

He nods.

I feel like I'm getting no information at all. I hate that.

"Why don't you get cleaned up." He says and then he winces.

Then the girl rushes over and slightly pushes me over to the side.

She wraps her hand around his back and he rests his arm over her shoulders. "Here, sit down and  rest, I'll bring you some more pills." She mutters and she helps him over to the couch.