Numb Pain

I wake up and yawn. Stretching my limbs out, I slip out of the bed and head for the door. I open it to find it extremely quiet.

"Juno?" I whistle, trying to get her attention wherever she was.

"Juno!" I cooed, searching everywhere. Even Wes's room, where he was sleeping.

I sigh. "Great. Now Wes is gonna think I drowned her or something." I run a hand through my tousled hair, sighing. I sit down on the couch and just stare at the T.V.

I feel something wet nudging my leg and when I look down Juno's staring at me. "There you are! I'm guessing you were under Wes's bed or something right?"

I chuckle scratching her behind her ears.

"Come on, I don't think Wes will mind if we go play some fetch." I stand up and grab the tennis ball that was on the floor, "Come on girl!" I chirp happily.

She barks and follows after me, as I head out of the house. I close the door and whistle, getting Juno's attention. I throw the ball a good distance and she runs off after it. I laugh as she chases it down hill. Hm, maybe I shouldn't have throw it down that hill. I shrug, she's smart, she'll get it.

I pick at my nails, kicking at the ground. I look around, perking my lips to the side. I tap my foot after a while. Where is she?

"Juno!" I shout.

I sigh wearily and head off down the hill. "Freaking dog, messing-" I freeze, seeing similar midnight locks, flowing everywhere. I squint and curse. How did she get here?

Stupid Hailey.

I focus on the sight. She's fumbling around, tripping on branches and cursing. She claps, trying to get Juno's attention, but Juno stays at where her ball landed, she's frozen, staring at the raven-colored hair girl, who's currently shuffling over towards Juno, "Come here pup. Aw, look at you. Are you lost?"

Juno blinks at the girl. "Ooh, let's see. I'll name you," her eyes widen a proportion and then she chirps, "Sparkle!"

I cringe.

Juno lowly growls.

"Hey, it's okay. See, your eyes sparkle? Isn't it pretty?" She walks closer to Juno and she barks, growling furiously. She gets in defense mode, her head bowing down, and her legs digging into the dirt, getting a good angle. She bares her teeth and then Hailey lifts her hands up, as if surrendering. "Okay.. okay. Stupid bipolar dog, so I'm guessing your a boy? How about viscous killer?" 

Juno growls more and she backs up, "I'm guessing it's your time of the month, freaky creep dog."

I step forward, "Her names Juno, just to help you out. And, it actually originally means 'Queen of the Heavens' So if I were you, I'd treat her as she is. A Queen." 

Her frightened gaze turns over to me and I see her frown, her mouth curling back, "Oh. if it isn't 'make a big deal out of nothing bitch'."

I raise an eyebrow. Oh, so I'm guessing since.. he.. isn't here, she shows her true feelings toward me. Or maybe she's always a bitch. You know what they say, People can only fake being someone their not for so long, and then they show their true colors.

"Nice to see you too." I say, holding back the side that wants to just give Juno the signal to attack. All I'd have to do was clap.. that's all.

I hold my hands behind my back. No. I'm not that evil..

I close my eyes, "Why are you in these parts," I say.

She smiles sourly, "After you left, Ryan and me had the best night. But he left the next morning, saying he had to get something and he never came back. So knowing he got lost, I came to search for him."