Chapter 10

"Carlos what are you doing here" I say as Mal covers the mirror back up. He takes a few steps forward and says "Funny you say that. I could be asking you the same thing considering the fact that you're stealing your magic mirror back"

"I'm gonna go over here" Mal says while slowly walking away.

"Carlos I can explain" I say pleading with him. "I don't wanna hear it" he says shaking his head. "And because of you Jane was in her room crying for hours" "What are you talking about" I ask more confused then ever

Carlos sucks his teeth. "Don't play dumb Evie you know what you did." "Carlos I really don't know what you're talking about and I didn't say anything mean to Jane. She threatened me to stay away from you!" I say almost shouting. "I just don't believe you" he says shaking his head. "So you believe her over me" I say putting my hands on my hips. Carlos rolls his eyes and says "she's my girlfriend Evie" "but I'm your bestfriend" I say back to him.

"I just don't know what to believe anymore. First you hurt Jane and now you come to steal your magic mirror back." "But I need it, its important" I respond. "And what could be so important that you need it back" he says taking another step closer."

I had no idea what to say until Mal jumps in and says "to find out what you and Jane are up to"

"MAL" I shout looking at her.

"Whoops" she sarcastically says as she sits back down.

Carlos looks at me hurt and says "So Jane was right, you are tryna break us up. Why would you do that?" "Carlos you don't understand she's not right for you" "Oh and you are" he says raising his voice. I was rendered speechless after what he just said. "She was kinda hoping she would be" Mal blurts out. "Ugh Mal, can you please" I say frustrated. "I'll shut up" she says.

"So Jay was telling the truth. You do like me." "What...no...I don't like...you" I lie. "Evie you're a terrible liar" he says laughing. "Why didn't you just tell me the truth" he asks me frowning. "Well you seem to love Jane so much when you started dating her and I wanted you to be happy" I answered quietly.

"I'm sorry Evie but I love Jane. I want to be with her" he says. I feel a tear fall down my face. "I understand" I say walking away.

"Evie wait" he says grabbing my arm. I turn and look at him. "I didn't mean it lik..." "No" I interrupt. "Just leave me alone" I say walking out the room fully crying. The last thing I hear is Mal slap Carlos in the face and yell "YOU IDIOT!"

As I'm walking I start thinking about how Mal got Ben to love her at first. I smile to myself as I get the brightest idea in my head.

"I need a love spell"