Chapter 29

"Carlos this is not funny" I say chasing him. "It is to me" he says laughing.

Just as I grab his shirt, I trip over a shoe causing me to fall on top of him. "Jerk" I say smiling. "And what are you gonna do about it" he ask. I smirk and say "this." I lean down kissing him. I smile through the kiss as he wraps his arm around me.

Pulling away I say "That's your punishment." I stand up and help him off the ground.

"Evie shouldn't you be resting" he asks me. "I would've been if you hadn't woke me up" I answer back. "By the way, here's your breakfast." Carlos picks up a tray with a bowl of cereal and orange juice off the table handing it to me.

"Thanks" I say smiling.

I sit down on my bed starting to eat. I look up to see Carlos staring at me from the other side of the room. "What" I ask.

"Nothing, you're just...beautiful" he replies blushing. "Oh my gosh, Carlos my hair is a mess, my makeup isn't done and I'm still in my pajamas" I respond. "All that stuff doesn't matter to me. You're beautiful regardless" he answers. "Stop, you're making me blush" I say covering my face.

I get up to put the trash away and suddenly feel a shot of pain and becoming dizzy. I fall to the ground feeling too much pain to walk.

"Evie, what's wrong" Carlos asked rushing to my side. "Its just the wound. I'm still in a lot of pain from it but I'll be ok" I say. I get up only to fall right back down. "Woah Evie, I got you" Carlos says helping me up. We walk over to the bed and I sit in his lap leaning my head into his chest.

"Why isn't this medicine working" I say frustrated. "It takes a few minutes to kick in" he responds. I feel a tear fall down my cheek.

"Evie why are you crying" Carlos asks concerned. "Why would Uma and Harry do this to me? What did I ever do to them?" I say sniffling. "Some people are just that way Evie. You'll get better soon" he answers. "Is there anything you need me to do?"

I wrap my arms around him and say "Just hold me, and promise me you'll never leave me." Carlos hugs me back and replies "I promise."