Seventeen

Sorry for the super short update

I sat next to Draco while he lay on the bed looking more tired than I've seen him over the past couple of weeks.

"You ok?" I smile weakly causing him to laugh and then wince at the pain it brought.
"Ok isn't what I would say" he replied, with strain in his voice.

Madam Pomfrey came over to Draco, giving him some dark purple medicine. I scrunched my nose at the sight. It was thick, gooey and it didn't look very appealing.
Draco took the medicine swallowing it quickly making a fuss about the taste, I giggled. He could be such a drama queen.
"What did you expect? Pumpkin juice?" Madam Pomfrey shook her head at the animated boy.
"Thank you madam Pomfrey" I attempted to say, through a stifled laugh.
"No problem my dear, Professor Snape informed me in what you did. Good quick thinking, keeping pressure on his wounds, if you weren't there he would have bled out before professor Snape could get to him" she smiled then walked off, and I shuddered at the thought.
"But you were there, and that's all that matters" Draco put his hand on mine snapping me back into a more optimistic reality.

"Draco" I spoke seriously. He looked back with nervous eyes and held onto a sharp breath. "If you ever experience a traumatic near-death experience in front of me like that ever again I'll have to kill you" I huffed a laugh. Draco sighed in relief and nudged my shoulder slightly.
"I'll try not to get in one next time then" he rolled his eyes.

My body relaxed, and my eyes softened at the amused boy. I leaned forward and placed a soft unexpected kiss on his lips, and he returned the favour. When I pulled back, I noticed that his cheeks turned a light pink. I giggled in a complete smitten trance.

"You should rest" I urged. He reached out and placed his hand on my cheek and smiled when I leaned in.
"Do I have to?" He complained, and I nodded in response.
I got up and kissed him on his flushed cheek.
"Goodnight" I farewelled.
"Goodnight" He responded. "And Thea" he paused, I hummed a response "I love you too" he confidently confessed with a smirk.
"You heard that?" I blushed a deep scarlet.
"I would have to be in much more pain to ignore you when you whisper words I've been dying to hear" he said, I lightly sighed smiling as I did so.
"Goodnight Draco" I chuckled for the last time that night.