Twenty-five

We all walked out onto the streets of Private Drive with caution, knowing that even the dim street lights could expose us to numerous dangers.
Harry snapped open the cage door for his snowy white owl, Hedwig, to flutter out and to freely join the others. Majestically she flew around me, allowing her white feathers to tickle my side before soaring back to the real Harry. I let out a quiet giggle as the last moment of enjoyment then followed Lubin and Tonks to our mode of transportation.

I was flying by Thesral, a creature that I was stunned to meet after the death of Dumbledore, one I could have only met in those circumstances. The animal was horse-like but more sinister in its appearance. The creature's body was alarmingly boney, and its skin and hair were darker than an empty night sky. The thestral sprouted large black leathery wings from its back that resemble a bat, and in areas where it didn't look like a bat or horse, the thestral was very much reptilian especially in its dragon-like facial features. Thestrals had pale blank white eyes that stood out against the deep colour of its glossy frame, eyes that you'd expect to accompany death. They were the most beautiful creates I had ever come across in their darkness.

I placed a hand on my Thestrals snout smiling encouragingly at it, and the creatures white eyes softened the slightest, then I rested my head on the skull of the creature hugging it and took a deep breath in. There was comfort in their darkness, and danger that I couldn't place, one that brought me back to a foggy memory of a feeling. The creature made much sense to me against their difference.

I stepped back, and the Thestral bowed deeply allowing me to mount its back and hold onto the creatures main to stable myself.
"You can do this" I encouraged both myself and the Thestral.

Tonks and Lupin were by my side on their brooms, and I glanced nervously towards them as Mad-eye reminded us all of our meeting point.

"Good luck, everyone" Moody nodded standing in front of the aligned wizards. "On the count of three" he instructed, and my stomach turned over at the reality of the closeness of events.
"One" he stared, and everyone looked around at each other a final time.
"Two" with a shaking body, I leaned forward gripping onto the Thestral as tight as possible without harming the creature.
"Three" Mad-eye finalised with a slam of his staph onto the stone floor, and with that, the Thestral lurched forward and swooped upwards into the sky with its fleshy wings.

The sky was cloudy and grim, but not too ominous in its shading to blind me from my surroundings. Many Harrys flew past, and the heavy lighting of the city made its way past the clouds. The air was cold on my face, and my eyes stung slightly despite the protection of the glasses.

I never got used to flying, it was one thing my muggle upbringing never allowed me to accept, but the idea of falling to my death had to be pushed back for now.

In almost an instant, a disturbance filled the air. My eyebrows frowned together, and my feet tucked further under the creature for security as the sky grew darker.
Out of the darkness, Death Eaters began dropping from the clouds, surround the groups of people including myself, Tonks, and Lupin, and from the cracks of the clouds flashes of green light would appear. Masked and threatening they drew out their wants trying to hit us with damaging spells. I drew out my wand and yelled:
"Expelliarmus!" at an oncoming figure that was covered by its dark robes, and the Thestral darted forward avoiding the hits of the cult members.