Jared becomes slighly less of an ass

A/n
Yep, I am writing this from my iPad.
Laptop,,, please get fixed...

--------
I cry in the Wendy's parking lot.
-
Connor hated himself.

It was February 12th, and he still didn't have the guts to ask out (Y/N).
This embarrassed him a lot. Especially since Evan had already asked out Leia with great success. Same went for Zoe, though she had asked Alana, a seemingly nice girl.

He was also worried. He was convinced Jared was going to ask (Y/N). After all, he liked her.

Right?
He didn't want to, but he had no choice but to go to Jared for help. The guy seemed confident enough, and he had nobody else to turn to.
--
Jared was just chilling at the nature reserve, taping acorns to the trees.
Sure, he could be loving the crouch, but he was banned from lush. His bathbomb eating habit would have to wait until he found a new way to acquire bathbombs.

He had almost finished taping all his acorns to one specific spruce tree. He smiled triumphantly for about half a second before someone yanked him onto a nearby bench.

"Hey, what's the big-"
Jared would have finished, until he saw the person who had yanked him.

"Ah yes, it's the almighty asshole!" Jared exclaimed in regards to Connor Murphy.

Connor scowled as he sat down next to Jared.
"Don't call me 'asshole'"
"What? Why? Your little girlfriend (Y/N) calls you-"

Connor slapped Jared across the face.
"Okay, okay. I get it. Anyways, why'd you so rudely interrupt my acorn-ing?"

Connors face became speckled with pink.
"I.. um.."
"It's about (Y/N), isn't it?" Jared asked, slightly let down. He had hoped for something better.
No offense to (Y/N)- she was nice looking and all, it was just that.. he didn't like her much.
At least, not in a romantic way.

You see, he always told people (Y/N) was his crush, in order to cover up the fact that he was about as straight as a circle. It had always seemed to do the trick, considering he wasn't out to anybody.

Connor snapped him out of his thoughts by talking - something he had apparently been doing.

"Anyways.. I know you like (Y/N)- or whatever - but I really need your advice with this." Connor finished.

Jared squirmed in his seat.
"Murphy, listen-"
"Don't call me that."
"Whatever! It's just that.. I don't like (Y/N)."

If Connor had been drinking something, he would have spit out his drink.
"I know it must be a surprise to you, considering what I say to people, but bud, truth being.."
Jared took a breath.
"I can't even think straight."
--
"Okay, so I just drop the note in her locker tomorrow morning at school, right?"

"Yes Connor, we've been over this! You drop the note in, go to class, and hope she replies." Jared replied, huffing. Helping Connor ask someone out was hard.. or maybe bad.. well, less bad and more rough. Either way, he was glad to finish helping Murphy and to make him owe him something.

"Okay.." Connor looked over the note again. He hoped it was alright, considering it took almost an hour to finish.

Jared seemed to notice he was worried, and raised an eyebrow.
"You must really like (Y/N)." Jared said with a chuckle.
--
"See ya later, Leia!" (Y/N) called out as she made her way to her locker.
First period had just ended, and (Y/N) had to grab a few things from her locker for second period English.

Upon opening her locker, though, some sort of note fluttered out. Very much to (Y/N)'s surprise, too.

What's this? (Y/N) wondered, bending down to grab the note.

Once she grabbed the note, though, the bell rang. (Y/N) decided she would just read it in English, considering her partner Hayley wasn't here today.
--
Evan sat down in English class, usual seat. (Next to (Y/N)
She hadn't arrived yet, and Evan was slightly worried that she wouldn't come. Sure, he didn't mind working with someone else, but he preferred (Y/N)'s company. She seemed to not mind his stammering, unlike his other classmates who often got irritated at him.

Before he knew it, the class had started.
That's when (Y/N) burst in, panting. She must have ran to class, by the looks of it.

"Ah, miss (L/N).. I see you finally decided to show up.
"Its been less then five," she painted.  "-minutes since class started, miss shooketh." (Y/N) heaved out.
"That is no excuse! Go to your seat immidiately, or I will be forced to give you detention!"

(Y/N) trudged over to her seat, Evan giving her a sympathetic look.
--
About half an hour into class, (Y/N) took out the note. It read:

'Roses are red
Violets are blue
I cry in the Wendy's parking lot
And you aren't the reason

Come with me on a valentines date, if you want or whatever.
Just leave a note in my locker if yes.
-asshole Murphy.'

(Y/N) didn't know weather to gasp, scream, or giggle insanely. Either way, her face was a deep crimson red and she was smiling hugely.

"(Y/N) a-are you okay? You're smiling really b-big.." Evan whispered over to (Y/N), snapping her out of her smiling.

"I'm okay, Evan. I just have a valentines date now."
--
(Y/N) arrived home after school, happy. She had asked Connor about the note, and they had agreed to meet at his house before their date, which was going to be a surprise location for (Y/N). She hoped he wasn't planning on killing her, to be honest. She could see Connor doing that to someone.

In her room, she flopped down on her bed and got out her phone. She had 4 unread texts, from Jared, Hayley, Leia, and Evan.
She decided to start with Jared's text.

Jared: I love you
Jared: sike
Jared: I'm gay

(Y/N) couldn't help but laugh. Hadn't he realized she already suspected it? She replied anyways.
(Y/N): congrats shithead. You can be my gay enemy
Jared replied to (Y/N) right away.
Jared: I accept your offer, (your sexuality here) enemy.

(Y/N) finished her conversation with Jared and read over Connor and Hayley's texts, both of which needed short replies.

Hayley: sorry I was absent today. The assholes I call friends made me skip
(Y/N): it's chill. If u don't like them ur still cool to hang out with my friends, including me
Hayley: =]

Connor: is tomorrow a date? Or r we just hanging out as friends
(Y/N): you pick
Connor: guess it's a date then.
(Y/N): It's a date.

(Y/N) only had to check her thirty texts from Leia.

L: OMG OMG OMG I HEARD
L: THAT CONNOR ASKED YOU OUT
L: OMG OMG UR GOING ON THE DATE
L: RIGHT
L: PLEASE TELL ME YOURE GOING
(Y/N): calm ur tiddies. Yes I am going on a valentines date with him.
L: WHAT R U WEARING
(Y/N): Idk. Guess I'll have to figure that out.
------

A/N: FOR THE DATE, FEEL FREE TO COMMENT LINKS FOR THINGS TO WEAR AND THE ONE I LIKE BEST WILL BE PICKED