The talk

"Harry?" I ask again in disbelieve after not getting a response. I dipped my head down searching around my room, looking at anything in particular.

"Ryder.." He hushed out, "I need to see you..- I mean..." he seems nervous, "we need to talk." My eyes widened then turned to slits.

"I don't know Harry, why?" I sighed feeling sorry for Harry, 'you barely know the guy' my subconscious spoke. I shook my head erasing the thought.

"Meet me outside at 11?" Harry asked. I looked down at my watch, it's currently 10:50pm.

"Okay, but where outside?" I bit down on my lip as I thought 'am I really going to do this'.

"Just be ready you'll see me" he spoke before ending the call.

I stood up trying not to awaken my friends. As I tiptoed around them I grabbed my boots and ran to the door closing it behind me. I passed my parents room and carried on tiptoeing down the stairs. I reach my first obstacle, Lilly.

She's fast asleep sprawled out at the bottom of the stairs. I stand looking at the task ahead. I look down at my watch, I have three minutes. I thought of my options; either jump past her and wake her up or risk sliding down the banister and not wake her. I opted for the second option.

I mount the banister holding it tightly frightened I might fall. I slide down it slowly slipping of the end gracefully. I take a look at Lilly and find I have succeeded my task. I take deep breaths in and deep breaths out. I quickly slide my boots on reaching up I grab my key from the side and place it in the door twisting twice to unlock the door. I look back into the house before quietly closing the door.

It's a cold night and I wasn't wearing a jacket. I hug my arms trapping all the heat I could. I look around the yard, Harry is no where to be seen. I frown moving down the path until I hear a ruffle, I turn 180 degrees to be met with a pair of sparkling green eyes. I heave in a large breath stumbling back falling back on the ground with a thud. My heart is in mt throat. I let out a shaken breath, looking up at Harry, he's wearing an unreadable look.

I groan pushing myself off of the floor, twice in one day I've fallen over, I need to be more careful. I'm standing waiting for Harry to say something but all he's doing is staring directly at me and I'm finding it rather uncomfortable. I let out a rather forced cough as I look down at my feet.

"There is something you need to know" he say straight faced, "but... I need you to trust me and know that it's for the good." He speaks looking me dead in the eye. I don't know what to think, I'm dumb struck. I have no clue to what he's talking about. I frown tilting my head to the side in a confused manor. I nod my head wanting him to continue.

"Okay, this might be hard for you to take in but you need to know the truth," he sighs before continuing, " you were adopted." He slurred out all to fast. My eyes widen but soon turn to slits.

"And why should I believe you?" I spit out rather harshly.

"You don't have to believe it but it's the truth." He looks down at me through his lashes. I don't see why he'd lie but I just cannot get my head around the fact I'd be adopted.

"Can I ask how you know?" I speak out of curiosity.

"Curiosity killed the cat" he smirked at me only making me more weary.

"Don't give me that bullshit!" I shout in a low voice. Harry is taken back my sudden change but soon recovers.

"Chic, now is not the time to give you this information but... you will find out sooner than later" He creeps past me. "I'm here to protect you Ryder. Remember that." He turns his face to the side when he spoke but soon returns his gaze back in front of him, and with that he walks down the street and out of sight.

____________

Hey sugarr, hope you enjoyed this chapter, please vote. Thanks for reading.

Molly x