Preparation for the 'date'

I was currently lying on my bed with my legs crossed. I have my art sketch book open and my main piece placed on my easel. I don't know what to do and it's bothering me. I had my pencil in my mouth full in thought, I was just about to write down an idea which had popped into my head until my mother burst into my bedroom making me fly backwards in fright.

"Mother, what are you doing?" I had my hand held against my chest feeling my chest rise and fall.

"Come on you need to get ready" she ushered my to the wardrobe opening the wardrobe doors she sifts through my clothes until she finds a little black dress at the back of my wardrobe. She picks it up placing it against my body whispering 'perfect'.

"I can't wear my docs with this though" I moan, making a poor excuse for not wanting to go.

"Oh that's fine, you can borrow my red heels" I went wide eyed but didn't get to reply as she continued, "now come on, I'll do your make-up and hair, you've gotta look your best for Harry" she squealed, sometimes I wonder if she really is the adult here.

After what seemed like hours my mother places both hands on my shoulders.

"Done" She passes me the mirror and I take a look; I have red lips, smoky eyes, shes curled my hair but brushed it out making slight waves. I mean, wow, she has done a good job.

"Wow mum, you've done a good job" I admire myself for a couple more minutes before my mother took away the mirror making me pout.

"Come with me" She drags me out of my bedroom and down the corridor into her bedroom. She sits me down on the edge of her bed as she rummages through her wardrobe.

"Aha!" she turns round with a pair of red pointed toed stilettos. These heels have a strap around the ankle and now, I have officially fell in love with a pair of heels, if you looked close enough you could see hearts in my eyes. She hands them to me straight away with a wide smile. I place them on my feet one by one and I stood 4 inches higher. I stared at my feet with amazement, my mother coughed taking me out of my trance. I look up at her and she's holding a red clutch bag.

"You need to match my dear." she says flattening my dress, she looks up at me, you can see the sparkle in her eyes.

"Thank you mother" I kiss her on the cheek, she stroked both my forearms.

"Ryder, you see, me and your father don't get out as much as we use to, so I need doll someone up" she chirps removing her hands.

"Now come on downstairs and wait for Harry" I groan, I was lost in the moment, I totally forget that this was a date with Harry. I push my hair away from my face as we start to move along the corridor and down the stairs.

I look down at my watch and saw my mother had spared me five minutes to sit and calm my nerves. I'm not nervous to see Harry, I'm nervous to hear what he's got say. I rest my eyes, leaning my head back against the sofa. It seems only mere seconds later I hear the door open and shut. I lean forward, sitting straight on the sofa.

Harry walks in moments later and I stand up, brushing my dress. As I turn to Harry his jaw drops. I turn back around with a smirk, I reach for my phone and purse of the fire place placing both items in the red clutch before zipping it up.

"Wow Ryder, you look..." He coughs wetting his mouth, continuing, "you look stunning" He eyes my head to toe.

"As do you" I nod forward, gaining a light chuckle. My mother walks through into the room, clasping a small stone in her hands. She smiles at me before gently placing her hand on Harry's shoulder whispering something into his ear. Harry keeps his eyes on me. I looked around the room in annoyance and boredom, soon returning my gaze back on them to find mother gone and Harry strolling towards me with his hands behind his back. I went wide eyed when Harry spun me around, placing his large, rather cold hands shoulders. Harry started to lightly move his fingers around near my collarbones to the back of my neck, gracefully picking up my hair asking me to hold it. I grab my hair in both hands waiting for whatever Harry was about to do. I have a feeling its going to be a necklace. He continued to draw patterns on my open skin, sending shivers through my body. I close my eyes in anticipation. Harry stops abruptly making my eyes shoot open. I moan, wanting him to continue making Harry let out a string of laughs. 

"Shh, Ry" He cooed, "You're so beautiful and it's my job to keep you safe and that's what we need to talk about." He finishes by placing a long necklace which fall down the valley of my breasts. I pick up the small stone between my finger's. It's green and purple with crystals within the stone. I turn around, puzzled. I look up at Harry,

"What is this? It's beautiful" I continue to play with the stone, taking small glances up at Harry every now and then.

"It's a memory" He replies, making me even more puzzled.

______________

Hey sugarr, hope you enjoyed this chapter, next chapter will be the date. You will find out some information about Ryder's past and why Harry is so involved with their family. Thanks for reading, please vote.

Molly x