Parents?

I walked up stairs and into my bedroom fine. I let out a heavy breath turning round to see June stood in front of my, hand on hip with raised brows. I swallow a lump in my throat. Smiling weakly.

"Where have you been? you had me worried sick." she whispers trying not to wake Vinus. I sneak a look at at Vinus to see her a kip wide mouth. I smile at her state returning my attention back on June.

"I went for some fresh air" I smile weakly. She squints her eyes humming in response.

"Okay...hmm let's get some sleep" June spoke. I let out a shaken breath.

*The next day*

My friends had already went home, I told them I'd keep in touch about the night out Rob wanted me to go to. I had already went to work, done my job and was dropped off by Storm. He'd asked me if I'd like to go on a date with him later on Thursday night, I said yes and he seemed pleased. 

Now I'm at home I want to ask my 'parents' if I am indeed adopted. I walk over to the kitchen where my mother is is preparing diner and where my father is Reading a book. I sit down opposite my father.

"Mother, father?" I look between the two. Both hum in response. I sigh looking down at my twiddling fingers.

"Am I adopted?" I question making my father spit out his tea coughing viciously. My mother stands behind my father looking rather guilty. She places her hands and fathers shoulders squeezing gently.

"Ryder, baby..." Mother starts but I cut her off.

"Mum, dad...I love you both and nothing is going to stop that, even if I am adopted." I rarely call my parents 'mum' and 'dad'. I spoke the truth. I love my parent and always will. They raised me as their own and I appreciate that.

"Ryder, you're quiet correct but don't forget, you'll always be my Sugarplum" My father spoke gently.

"You raised me as your own and I love you both for it. I have a family and I'm proud" I speak the genuine truth. Love and compassion crosses over my parents faces. My mother places her hand ver her mouth letting out a small cry. She walks around the table engulfing me in a warm hug, my father soon joins us.

"What is this? A family hug? Why didn't you say?" Lucas runs near us and joins in with the hug, I let out a short giggle.

"I was thinking...maybe we could you to the park take Lilly for a walk?" I whisper the word 'walk' so it doesn't excite Lilly. A smile lights up on Lucas' face. I take that as a yes. He jumps up and down chanting 'yes yes yes'. We soon break up from our  hug, departing to our own tasks. 

I went and put my boots on grabbing the lead I shout up stairs for Lucas to hurry up. He soon runs down the stairs and stands in front of the door waiting for me. I go grab Lilly, attaching the lead to her collar I head towards the door but first placing my phone in my back pocket.

We are now half was to the park and Lucas had ran ahead telling me he'd wait at the gate for me. Once I reached the gate he was nowhere to be seen. I entered the park looking in every direction until I hear a certain laugh. I squint my eyes turning to look in that direction. I see Lucas, but he's with someone? Someone tall? Slim? I frown making my way over to where Lucas is stood.

"Lucas?" Once I got his attention I continued, "You said the gate!" I complained. Lilly goes and smells the man whom I can't see. I point to him looking at Lucas asking 'Who is he?' all Lucas does is smile and look up at the man.

"This is Harry," he presents me to Harry as if he's some sort of royalty. My heart drops, he continues, "When me and mummy come to the park, Harry buys me an ice cream and talks to mummy" he smile is so innocent. I glare over to Harry whom is already staring back at me.