Protect her

Xavier pov

"She awake, but she still needs a little time to take in what's happening." The doctor spoke.

"I just want to see her that's all, please." I begged the doctor.

"Okay, only for a few minutes, I'm going to check on other patients. Once I'm done your time is up. Is that clear Mr. king?

I nod my head.

--

As I walked in the room all the terrible things that I have done to Adriana rush through my head. That should be me not her.

I pulled a chair nearby and place it right beside her.
Even with bruises and bumps on her, she still looks beautiful.

I grabbed her hand, its warm.

"Umm, I don't know if  you hear probably
or maybe you can but I just want to stay I Love You...I shouldn't be telling you this while your asleep, but I just can't say it in front of you...I'm scared that I might fall for you too hard that I might mess up and break your heart.

Tears began to streamed down my face without me noticing.

"I love you so much that's it hurts me to see you like this, you have my word that I'll find out who did this to you." I wiped my face with my free hand.

The door suddenly opened.

"Xavier your time is up, Hun." The doctor address.

I took one more glance at her, quickly but softly placing a kiss on her lip and I was gone.

--

The night...

"Damn you so tight." The individual groaned...
"Pleaseeee stop." Adriana cried in pain.
"Shhh, I'll be real quick." Pushing themselves half way in her.
"XAVIER! HELP ME..." She cried.
--

"Aghhhhhh!" Adriana quickly jumped up from her sleep in her room.
"Baby your okay, it was only just a dream." Mother confronted her daughter.

Adriana began to cry.

"But it did happen didn't it." She hiccuped while wiping her nose.

"Shhh! Baby it's okay I'm here." Her mother caressed her.

The door bell suddenly rang.

"I'll be back okay?"

I nodded as I wiped my face.

I heard a familiar voice speaking to my mom.

"Xavier I don't feel she ready to see anyone just yet." I heard my mom say from outside my room.

"Please Mrs. Jones please I'll be really quick." I heard him stepping towards my door.

I heard shuffling and footstep coming closing to my door.

The door finally opened revealing my mother and Xavier close behind.

"Hun, Xavier came to visit, just call me if you need anything." She nodded at him exiting my room, closing the door behind her.

The air grew thick with silence and awkwardness.

He held a bouquet of red roses while scratching the back of his head.

"Hey um." He cleared his throat approaching my bed.
I gave him a head nod not feeling like speaking.
He sat beside me, placing the bouquet in my lap gently.

I finally looked up at him and fully took him in.

He seemed like he recently got a haircut, his moustache and fully came in and his eyes were looked in lighter, piercing mines.

I clear my throat and looked away.

"How are you feeling?" He shifted closely, forcing me to move over a little.

"What are you doing here." My voice cracked on the verge of crying.

"I-I just I don't know, I wanted to see how you were doing." He looked down at me.

"I can't do this right now Xavier." I said getting out my bed to retrieve a tissue.

He sighed.

"You know I visited to you everyday." He ignored my statement.

I know.

"I sat there thinking how all of this could've been avoided if you didn't know me. If I didn't invite you that party you wouldn't be in this position-

"Okay just stop, stop making it about you I don't want to hear about it!" I looked directly at him.

"Can you please leave." Tears streamed from my face.

"LEAVE!" He jumped.

He took one last look at me and left.

Later on that night...

The nightmare of the that horrific event replayed in my head like a broken record, I was currently lying in the dark trying to calm myself down.

Drenched in sweat, I suddenly hear a noise from my window.

"No." I said looking at the window while trying to cover my blanket over my head.

My window was wide open so anyone or anything could climb through.

The shuffling still continue until I saw a hand on the ledge.

"Xavier!" I called out.

He push him self up through my window fumbling in.

I sighed of relief.

He was in grey sweat pants with a wife beater on.

"What are you doing here you almost gave me a heart attack." 
I whisper as I sat up looking at him while wiping my forehead.

He ignored me once again climbing into my bed.

"No leave, you can't be here." I tried to push him at my bed.

"Can you just let me hold you." He grabbed my hand.

We looked at each other waiting for my responses.

Grabbing me closer to him, he hugged my waist, placing my head on his chest. He smelled like peppermint.

"Imma protect you A, you hear me imma find that son of a bitch who did this to you ." He rubbed my back in a circular motion, which calmed me down.

"Do you hear me." He tilted my chin back so I was looking at him.

"Do you?" He repeated himself.

"Yes..I understand." We looked at each a little more and that when I finally realized  I was for sure in love with Xavier king and he was in love with me.

He caressed my face, wiping the lone tear from my face. Brushing his thumb against my lips.

"Stop crying ma, I got you." We stared at each other a little more, I know he wanted to kiss me by the way he was looking at my lips, but we both know I wasn't ready and that wasn't  going to happen in a while.

He sighed.

Kissing me on my forehead, he pulled me in closer.

"Get some sleep." He mumbled closing his eyes.

A little later I drifted off.

———
🌴🌴🌴🌴
Pardon my mistakes ✌🏾