Chapter Three

Gandalf sat down and spoken to Thorin on the background of the Williams family. "The parents of Judith and Merrilee died when they were eleven years old. It was Samantha, their father's sister who took them in her custody. They died in a plane crash on their way on a small trip the parents was going on.  The deaths devastated all three of them." said Gandalf. "But how did you find the Williams family?" asked Thorin. "I found them as I was strolling a freeway in their world. They was about to go to airport bording a plane that I feel that it would be too dangerous for them to fly on, knowing that they could possibly deal the same fate as the parents, that's when I stepped in." said Gandalf.  "But the accident with the car thing! Did they really pass on?" asked Thorin. "In their world  yes, but not here. They have a new life here, which you must understand Thorin Oakenshield, you have to take them with you. Maybe help them find a home to settle." said Gandalf. Thorin felt terribly bad about the words he said about the family not knowing their background first.  And he could tell that Samantha, Judith and Merrilee are really nice people.  And he could see already that Judith and Merrilee are getting along well with his nephews.  "We're going to teach you how to dance like an Egyptian!" said Merrilee. And she stood up, and she began to dance. All the dwarves laughed at the young girls moves. "I wanna try!" said Kili. 

  Kili tried to do it. "You look silly brother! That's not how it goes! This is how you dance like an Egyptian!" said Fili, and he took his turn at it.  Thorin shook his head and smiled. "They have the same youthful energy. I will have Balin make up contracts for the ladies. I will personally take Samantha's out to her." said Thorin.  Gandalf nodded.  After the dwarves had their meeting, Balin prepared the contracts, preparing Bilbo's first, and shortly followed, Samantha and her nieces. "I will take Samantha's out to her." said Thorin, taking the contract, and he went outside on Bilbo's front porch.  When he stepped outside, he saw Samantha sitting on the bench, with her head bowed in her hands. Thorin walked over and sat down next to Samantha. "Sam-I came out to apologize for my words of you and your nieces earlier.  Gandalf has told me your story. I wished he could've told me sooner of  your arrival, otherwise this would've never happened." said Thorin gently.  "Why do you judge people when you barely even know them? Just like that snooty little crappy remark back there you made about Bilbo when you first met the innocent hobbit--wait a minute! You just called me Sam!" said Samantha, realizing that Thorin called her by her informal name. 

"Yes, I called you Sam! You don't mind do you?" said Thorin. "I don't mind at all. My girls always called me "Aunt Sam'. But nobody has called me Sam since my ex husband." said Samantha sadly. "You were married?" said Thorin, shocked at hearing her status. "I was married. The son of bitch cheated on me with another woman, ten times his age. So I divorced him. We hever had any children." said Samantha. "That is horrible. Any man who is unfaithful to a woman is a coward." said Thorin. Samantha laughed. "You nailed it, sonny boy!" said Samantha smiling.  Thorin chuckled. "Okay, apology accepted Thorin. I will sign the contract." said Samantha. She took out a pen from her blouse pocket and after reading it over, she signed the contract.  "Are you sure you're a dwarf? If you don't mind me asking?" said Samantha. "Yes, I am a dwarf! Why do you ask that?" said Thorin. "I find you rather handsome, well for a dwarf that is. My nieces and I always thought dwarves are old and ugly." said Samantha.

Thorin laughed. "And where, pray tell did you hear that?" asked Thorin. "Fairy stories." replied Samantha. "Come! Lets go inside and join the others!" said Thorin. Samantha nodded, and they went back inside Bilbo's home.