Chapter Eight

Gandalf approaches Thorin. "Thorin, before we discuss anything else, we need to talk about you and Samantha. There is no sense of you getting angry with her. And as for striking her, you are lucky I have not struck YOU for doing what you done. No person, no matter what race they are should ever struck a woman. I thought you were raised better than that, Thorin, son of Thrain!" lectured Gandalf.  Thorin remained silent, avoiding eye contact with the wizard. "Thorin, I sense that you are in love with her. I saw you holding her in your arms just a couple nights ago! Why all of a sudden this anger and hatred toward her?" said Gandalf. "I don't know." said Thorin softly.  Thorin realized what he had done, and now he felt very guilty for his anger towards her, and striking her. He thought back to the story Samantha told him of her nasty encounter with the two men in her world.  And now Samantha could possibly place him on that list of horrible men. He was of Royal Blood, and he knew he would never forgive himself for striking Samantha. Tears streaming down his face. "I'm a terrible, rotton person, Gandalf. How could you tolerate me for so long? And Samantha?I know Samantha is never going to forgive me." said Thorin.

"She needs time to cool off from this, Thorin! I suggest you should not talk to her just yet. And there is something else about Samantha you must know. Samantha doesn't know this herself, nor her nieces. I know Samantha all my life, which is why I had her join your company." said Gandalf. "What are you talking about, Gandalf? She's not really an elf isn't she?!" snapped Thorin. "No, she's an Istari. She's the only daughter of the blue wizard Pallando. Samantha is my niece." said Gandalf. "You mean to tell me she really is a wizard?!" gasped Thorin.  Now Thorin really felt stupid. Not only he had struck a woman, but a wizard as well. Thorin felt a little scared. He knew he had angered a wizard's daughter, knowing she could do only knows what to him  "Thorin, there is no need to fear her. In time, she will forgive you." said Gandalf, placing his hand on Thorin's shoulder. "I hope so." said Thorin softly. "And you said there's a Troll cave nearby? We should seek it out at once!" said Gandalf.  Thorin nodded, and he rounded up the others, and they entered the Troll Lair.

 "I notice Thorin looks a little distracted. I wonder what him and Gandalf were talking about?" said Judith as they rummaged through some of the treasure in the Troll's lair. "Probably about Aunt Sam." replied Merrilee. "Look! Here is something that can cheer up Sam! A sword!" said Judith picking up the sword. "Do you think Aunt Sam and Thorin would ever get back together? I really think they're a great couple, and I would be proud to call Thorin my Uncle." said Merrilee. "Well-by the way things look, Merrilee, I really doubt it." said Judith, sadly. "Maybe we can push them back together! Maybe if Thorin finds a way of wooing Aunt Sam back to him." said Merrilee, as she continued to scan the treasure lair. Suddenly, she saw a harp ahead of her. "Wow! A harp! A real golden harp!" exclaimed Merrilee. "Merrilee, put that harp down! You know nothing of playing the harp!" said Judith. "No! Its not for me, you idiot! Its for Thorin! We all know that Thorin plays the harp right?" said Merrilee holding the harp. "Right." said Judith. "Maybe Thorin can sing and play the harp for Aunt Samantha to win her back!" said Merrilee.  Judith rolled her eyes. Merrilee managed to fit the harp in her bag.

"Is that a harp?" asked Fili grinning. "Yes, its a harp. And you're not going to touch it. Its for Thorin. Thorin and Samantha aren't getting along right now, and we thought maybe if Thorin wants Samantha back, I will give him this harp and he'll woo his way back to her." said Merrilee. Fili smiled. "That's a good idea, Merrilee. You don't mind if I look at it do you?" asked the young dwarf. Merrilee sighed. "Very well." said Merrilee. Merrilee took the harp out of her bag,handing it overt to FIli. Fili began plucking and strumming on it. It amazed Merrilee and Judith as the twins watched him playing the harp like a professional. "I  didn't know you play, Fee. I always thought you played fiddle." said Judith, smiling. "I like the harp too. It was Uncle who taught me the harp. We dwarves all can play more than one musical instrument." FIli replied as he absentmindly plucking the strings. Judith felt her heart racing  She beginning to wonder if Fili is showing off to her.  Merrilee notice the look on her sister's face, and she rolled her eyes.