Chapter Twenty

Laketown

Judith sat and watched over Kili, as he progressively is getting worse. It ached her to see him this way. "Bofur go find some kingsfoil." said Oin. Bofur nodded, and he left the house.  Judith had a bad feeling in her gut something bad was going to happen. Suddenly, she could hear shrieks coming from outside the house. Judith stood up. "Is there something wrong, Judith?" asked Fili. "Fili, we have company, and not the good kind!" said Judith gravely. Suddenly the door of the home broke down and severa orcs entered. "Ladies, Under the table now!" called out Fili to Sigrid and Tilda.  And the two girls climbed underneath the table. Judith took out her borrow firing continously at the orcs, kiling a few while Fili used his physical strength attacking an orc. Suddenly, Tauriel entered the home, followed by Merrilee and Legolas. Judith was pinned down by one orc, and she struggled trying to push the orc off of her. Suddenly to Judith's surprise, two arrows were shot at the orc, and the orc fell, and she saw Merrilee looking down at her. "MERRILEE!" screamed Judith, jumping to her feet. "Judith!" cried out Merrilee, and the two sisters hugged. "Great, there's our betrayer!" growled Oin, glaring at Judith's sister.

Merrilee overheard Oin's remark, and she turned to Oin, Fili and Kili after everything had settled down Tauriel came back in the home with kingsfoil in her hand, followed by Bofur. Tauriel immediately set to work on him. "Oin, boil some water. Merrilee, bring me some towels." said Tauriel quickly.  "He doesn't look to good." said Merrilee sadly. Judith remained silent. "Merrilee, we should talk." said Judith. "I know, we have a lot of talking to do, and I owe everyone an apology for what I done to all of you. I don't know what came over me." said Merrilee sadly. "You don't know what came over you?! Merrilee, do you have any idea how hurt Aunt Sam is right now? She is very terribly hurt, not to mention Thorin." said Judith. "I know. Its just, I've been getting these visions that started the night we camped before entering the Misty Mountains, and they terrified me, Judith. That's why I bolted the way I did." said Merrilee. "What visions?" asked Judith.

"Lets just say it concerns Aunt Sam, Judith. I'm worried about her and Thorin and how things are going to go down, especially with Thorin falling under the gold sickness. I seen it in my visions, Judith! He could get violent with her." said Merrilee. "Thorin would never hurt your Aunt, Merrilee. He would never hurt a woman." spoke up Oin, over hearing the conversation between the twins."Oin, you may not know that. We're not there with them. We should be there with them." said Merrilee.  "There is another topic we need to discuss too, Merrilee. What of you and Kili? Is it over between you two?" asked Judith. "Yes. Judith, I really didn't mean to hurt Kili! Its just--he deserves better." said Merrilee. "And what of you? Are your in courtship with anyone?" asked Judith. "Legolas. He has asked me two weeks after I arrived in MIrkwood. Thranduil felt delighted with the union, hoping someday we will marry. Legolas hasn't asked me yet." said Merrilee. 

They noticed after Tauriel healed him, color  came back to the young dwarf. Kili scanned around the room. "What is she doing here?!" snapped Kili angrily. "She came and saved all of you from the orcs, Kili. Alongside with Legolas and myself." explained Tauriel. "She didn't have to do that." said Kili darkly. Merrilee stood up. "I done a lot of thinking. I cannot spend the rest of my life with my Aunt, Sister, and everyone I associated with to be angry with me. Yes, it was my own fault that I left. And its complicated to explain. It is going to be difficult for me to spend the rest of my life with everyone angry at me." said Merrilee sadly turning away from the others. "Merrilee. I over heard you spoken to Judith about your visions? Are you worried for your Aunt?" asked Fili. Merrilee nodded. "I really think you should try and talk to your Aunt, Merrilee." said Tauriel. "How? She's in the Mountain with Thorin." said Merrilee.  "I really don't think its a good idea for her to go up there. Knowing what the others, especially Thorin, would say to her." said Oin. "Maybe you should write a letter to Aunt Sam, Merrilee." suggested Judith. "You know, that's a good idea, I'll do that." said Merrilee.  Suddenly, before Merrilee even went to find a piece of paper, Bain came running in, his features pale in fright.