Chapter Seventeen

Later, Thorin was now dragged down to the dungeons, and he ended up in the same cell with Samantha. Samantha decided to allow Thorin to vent a little while talking to Balin. After Thorin spoken to Balin a little while, and calmed down a little bit, he turned towards Samantha. "How are you holding up, Sam?" asked Thorin. "Not good."said Samantha softly.  "Sam, I'm sorry this has happened to you." said Thorin gently, wrapping his arm around Samantha. "I didn't see this coming, Thorin. I really didn't. Neither did Kili." said Samantha, as tears streaming down her face, and she buried her head in Thorins chest. "Samantha,its time to move on. You have lost Merrilee to the elves. You wll never see her again. Its difficult, Sam, I understand how difficult it is for you." said Thorin, trying his best to comfort the woman. "But she is my flesh and blood Thorin." said Samantha tearfully. "Yes, I know. Which makes things very difficult for you." said Thorin, gently stroking Samantha's hair. "I don't care! I don't care if I ever see that little bitch again!" Thorin and Samantha could hear Kili yell. Kili was talking to someone, but they couldn't see who. Then they heard a female voice talking to him.

"Maybe you two weren't meant to be together, son of Dis. Maybe she was meant for another. But you cannot dwell on this. You need to focus on the now, to reclaim your Homeland with your Uncle." said the female voice. "Tauriel, how? We're stuck in here." said Kili.  "Tauriel?" said Thorin and Samantha together. "He's talking to that She-Elf!" scowled Thorin. "Thorin, relax." said Samantha. "All of you won't be in here for a long. I met a certain friend of yours, and I'm going to help him, to help all of you get out of here." said Tauriel. Now a confused look appeared on Thorins' features. Why is an elf, a she elf, wanting to help the Company escape? It really shocked him. "You ought to thank her once we do get out of here, Thorin." Samantha reminded him. Thorin snorted.  Thorin didn't understand what possessed the Elf Captain to help them, he hoped it didn't involve with anything of liking his nephew. Thorin noticed the way Kili looked at Tauriel before they even entered the palace, and on the way into the dungeons. "Kili likes her." said Thorin. "Of course he does? Is there a problem?" asked Sam. "Yes, there is a problem.  She's an Elf." said Thorin. "Thorin, he's better off with Tauriel. My niece had really never been the type who would settle with one person. And honestly, Merrilee dosn't deserve him.  Kili deserves better." said Samantha.

"With who? A stupid Elf Prince and his tree shagging father?!" snapped Thorin. "Hey! I'm not all happy with Merrilee being with Thranduil! I don't even know if she is even courting with one of them! You cannot assume that my niece is seeing one of them!" snapped Samantha. "And how would you know that?! You saw her! We all saw her! She was sitting next to him by his Throne, Samantha!!" barked Thorin.  "I am done arguing with you. I"m going to bed." growled Samantha, and she laid down turning away from Thorin. "Fine." growled Thorin, and he turned his back against Samantha. Sometime during the night, Thorin woke to the sounds of sniffling. Thorin turned, and he saw it was Samantha, who was cryingin her sleep. "Sam?" said Thorin. "What?" asked Samantha, her voice raspy from crying. "Are you okay?" asked Thorin. "No. Samantha repied. Thorin moved closer to her. pulling her close to him. Sam, the fight we had earlier, was stupid. Maybe you have a point about Kili better off with out you niece. I'm sorry for yelling at you." said Thorin gently, as he stroked her hair.

 Samantha laid her head on Thorin's chest. "I wish we can get out of here." said Samantha. "We will get out of here. We still have hope." whispered Thorin, as he gently kissed Samantha on the lips. The next morning, they hear a very familar voice calling out to them. "Thorin! Samantha! Its time to go!" said the voice. Thorin and Sam looked up, and they saw Bilbo standing outside the cell. "Bilbo!" cried out Samantha. Bilbo unlocked their cell, and both dwarf ad woman stepped out. The other dwarves are already out of their cells. "I have a way of getting us all of here! Follow me!" said Bilbo. And they followed the hobbit down into the wine cellar. They saw many barrels in the cellar. "Is this your escape plan, Master Baggins?" asked Dwalin. "You're going to get us all drowned!" said Bofur. "Look! Its either the barrels, or remain in the elves dungeons." snapped Bilbo. "Into the barrels! NOW!" demanded Thorin hotly.