Chapter Fourteen

"Where's Bilbo? Where is our hobbit?" asked Gandalf. "Curse the Halfling! Dori was the last one who seen him!" snarled Dwalin. "Don't blame me. Nori remembers who seen him last." snapped Dori. "Well I do remember Bilbo disappearing soon as we approached the bridge." said Nori. Suddenly, Thorin apoke up. His words angered Samantha, she thought they had discussed this before back in the Mountains, hoping he would be a little nicer to him, but the talk didn't effect Thorin any at all. Samantha bit her tongue, she didn't want to start another argument with Thorin. Suddenly, to everyone's surprise, especially Balin's, Bilbo appeared out from the trees. Balin stood puzzled trying to figure out how Bilbo appeared like that out of the blue, without even a sound announcing his arrival.  "Bilbo! I thought we given up on you!" cheered Kili, grinning. "How did you get passed the goblins?" asked Fili. "It doesn't matter now, he is back." said Gandalf. "It matters. Why did you come back?" asked Thorin.  Bilbo began his speech, which moved all of the members of the company, including Thorin. Samantha gave Thorin a 'I told you so' side glance.

 Suddenly, they heard howling coming from the distance. "Out of the frying pan!" said Thorin. "Into the fire! RUN!" cried out Gandalf, and they ran, followed by an army or orcs and wargs.Gandalf orders everyone to climb the trees. Samantha climbed up, following Thorin, Dwalin and Balin, while Judith climbed up with the others. Samantha assisted with Gandalf of lighting up the pine cones with fire, and tossing them down at the wargs and orcs. "Here, Fili!" called out Samantha, throwing the cone at FIli. FIli caught it and tossed it at the wargs.  Everyone cheered in victory briefly after their defeat, but their cheering quickly ended when they saw a tall Pale Orc approaching, followed by other orcs. "Shit!" snapped Samantha. "This isn't good." said Judith sadly. "No! It cannot be!" gasped Thorin. Thorin quickly turned to Samantha, Balin and Dwalin. "Keep her safe." Thorin ordered Balin and Dwalin. The two dwarves nodded. Thorin climbed down from tree. "Thorin--!" Samantha began to protest. "I must do this, Sam." said Thorin gravely, and he turned away, and he continued to approach Azog.

"I cannot look!" cried out Judith, burying her head in Fili's chest.  Samantha watched as the battle between Azog and Thorin proceeded. And it angered her when saw Azog continously knocking down Thorin. When Thorin fell the second time, a warg leapt on top of him. "I'm not going to have thi shit!" snarled Samantha. "Sam, no! Don't!" protested Balin. Samantha climbed down from the tree. "Nobody hurts my beloved!" roared Samantha, and fire surrounded her. "SAM!!" shouted Fili. "Has she lost her mind?!" shrieked Dori.  Samantha's eyes turned red in anger as fire surrounded her. "Behead the dwarf, I will deal with the witch!" snarled Azog.  Azog approached Samantha. "Begone, you FILTH!" roared Samantha, a fire ball blasted at Azog, knocking him off his White Warg. The orc roared in pain.  Bilbo jumped out of the trees, killing the warg that was still on top of Thorin.  Suddenly, all the dwarves leapt down from their places, joining in on the battle.  "Sam, you would've gotten yourself killed!" barked Dwalin. "I don't care! That's my beloved they injured!" Samantha shouted back. During the battle, the Eagles came, taking Thorin first.  Thorin and Samantha shared an Eagle. Samantha. "Don't worry, my love, Gandalf and I will heal you!" whispered Samantha, brushing Thorin's long black mane, gently.

During the flight, Judith sat with Fili and Kili. "What is your Aunt thinking? I understand her intentions, Judith, but Azog could've knocked her head clean off." said Fili. "Didn't you see what she done down there, Fili? She handled herself pretty well! Especially with the magic." said Judith. Fili sat, and thought over the scene. And the young dwarf slightly smiled. "I have to admit what your Aunt did with her magic is rather awesome." said Thorin. "Gandalf and Pollando taught her well." smiled Kili. "She's going to be a powerful wizard, just like her father and Uncle." said Fili. "Does that make me and Merrilee wizards too?" asked Judith. Fili smiled. "I don't know. You have to ask your Aunt and Gandalf about that one!" replied Fili.  Shortly, the Eagles landed the company on a large rock cliff called the Carrock.  Samantha quickly climbed down, remaining by Thorin's side. "THORIN!" cried out Gandalf, running to the dwarf.  Gandalf knelt beside Thorin. "Sam, save your energy! I got this!" said Gandalf gently as he noticed Samantha making a move towards the dwarf.