Chapter X 24

She's not wearing that. 
You'll figure out who she is later.

✗✘✖✕✖✘✗  

3rd X P.O.V:

Just as the sun started rising into the sky Tris had awoken. She had a rough sleep high up in a tree between two firm branches. It was a relief she ended up staying in that tree while she slept. 
Quickly she climbed down the tree with agile hands, glancing at the bright sun with squinted eyes. Her groggy mind at its lowest speed this morning.

Her feet hit the ground lightly as she landed in a crouch to soften the fall.
Tris brushed some short brown hair out of her face only for it to fall back in the same place. She rolled her shoulders with a wince and stretched out her muscles. Stiff muscles wouldn't help her achieve today's goal. Once she was sure she wouldn't get any cramps in the middle of a fight she set off into the chilly forest, pulling the fur coat tighter around her absentmindedly. 
As the soft fur brushed her cheek she blinked. Recalling Amana. 

A smirk played on her lips. She was excited about the chase. It wasn't every day she got the chance to battle with her oldest and loyalist friend. Speaking of... She discreetly glanced around, peering over some bushes. It was possible her friend was lurking about. She was always good with stealth. 'Huh, Nah. I don't think that bitch is around. I would have been able to feel it.'
Since the day they met, Tris and Amana have gotten a chill whenever they're near each other. 
It's a faint nail running up their spine. Hairs rising on the back of their neck. A flick of lightning in their brain. At first, It was almost... Painful but it's dulled down a lot over the years of knowing each other. Sometimes, If they focus hard enough with closed eyes. They could see a flash of light spark, like lightning over a night sky.

Tris leans boredly against an oak, twiddling a long strand of grass between her fingers as she senses someone near her. It defiantly wasn't Amana but she was smart enough to notice the very faint rustle of leaves and an intake of breath. She stuck the wheat like straw between her lips, pushing the end around in her mouth. "Come out. I haven't got all day." She sighed. 

Tentatively a small child walked out of the bushes, her fiery red hair brushing around her ankles. She had matching red eyes that looked up at the older woman with fear. Tris nearly spat out the piece of straw upon seeing the little one, their cheeks tinted rose because of the cold, the red creeping along with the tip of her little nose. 

Tris's shoulders slumped "Kid you nearly had me hurt you." The little child watched as the woman's hand left her thigh where a dagger was held in a leather holster. Gulping, the child opened her mouth to speak when a loud voice shouted in the twos direction. 
"Get back here you little brat! I'm going to make you pay!" Tris peered above the girls head at a large figure closing in. 

The figure lumbered through the forest like an angry bull turning over the trees like they were mere twigs. Tris could see the well-built muscles rippling. There was nowhere that the man looked soft. He was one guy who hadn't skipped leg day either as he kicked a tree causing it to uproot, launching it over the heads of the two. The little girl whimpered attaching herself to Tris's fur coat as Tris watched the tree fly off with unimpressed eyes.