Chapter X 8

It's good to be back :)
Also, I've realized I go into 3rd perspective a lot when in someone else's so I'm going to start correcting myself. Enjoy!

✗✘✖✕✖✘✗

Amana's X P.O.V:

"Pay attention now! Be sure to stay close behind me." Satotz called over his shoulder at the group.

Hisoka, Tris and I were relatively close to mustache-Man as we ran through the thick fog, It had built up to where most were having a hard time locating anything and so due to the fact that people tend to walk in circles when they can't see anything in front of them they slowly started curving away from the group either being lured or just having lost sight of the others.

People's feet drummed against the mossy earth, The water getting pushed out of the moss onto the surface and splashing up onto the ankles of people as they ran.

The mist felt cool against my skin, I had often enjoyed the cool touch of rain or mist, It was soothing for reasons unknown to me.

I listened to the throaty caws of a black bird with a spiked tongue up ahead as I supported a Tris on my back for even as she awoke she refused to remove herself, Though I had no problems with this and much preferred her keep in my sight anyway.

"Alright... This is our chance. We'll take advantage of the fog to get rid of him!"
I internally sighed, If they were going to plan an attack why whisper so loud? And stand so close? Even I didn't need to use my wolf hearing to hear these bunch of baboons blabber away and I'm certain Hisoka heard them too, But of course, He ignored it and simply smiled, Successfully creeping me out... For the hundredth time today.

"Gon..." Killuas soft calm voice reached my sensitive ears.
Sometimes I wished I didn't hear as well, I always ended up rudely eavesdropping on everyone, But it did come in handy.

"Huh?" Gon asked urging the snowette  to continue.

"Let's move up." The other responded he said it in a way that wasn't a suggestion. His voice sounded weary.

"Okay. We don't want to lose sight of the examiner." Gon agreed most likely getting more uneasy as the fog thickened, Reducing everyone's sight.

"I'm more concerned with increasing the distance between us, The girls and Hisoka." He confessed.

 I felt stares burning into the back of my head, No doubt Hisoka could too. 

"Even if they seem to be fine I still don't like that they stick with Hisoka. We should be weary. Staying too close to them is dangerous. I can smell it in the air."

 I didn't blame him for not having trust in us, It didn't bother me anyhow because the feeling was mutual... Even if they were simply children I never let my guard down. I was just that untrusting of a person.

"Smell?" He questioned.

I was guessing Gon had smelled the air because he responded to his friend with a confused tone "Hmm... I don't think they smell... Besides alcohol and wild dogs."