Chapter Thirty-One

SOPHIA

"Why do you always get the cute guys?" Garrett whined when I got back to the living room after saying goodbye to Damon.

"What are you talking about? The last boyfriend I had ended up being a total loser, so that takes away all his cuteness." I told him.

Garrett rolled his eyes, "He's still incredibly hot even if he is a big jerk." 

"The only reason he dated me was because of a bet!" I exclaimed.

"Dylan is still one of the best looking guys in school." He declared, and I didn't comment because despite Dylan's personality, he was still hot.

"Anyway, any new boyfriends I need to know about?" I asked, changing the subject.

Garrett shook his head, "No, it's so hard to find a good looking guy who's gay. I think it's impossible!" He exclaimed dramatically.

"One day you'll find someone smoking hot, and very into you." I reassured him. Garrett was an amazing guy, anyone would be lucky to have him, I just wish he saw that about himself.  

"Maybe." He muttered skeptically.

I rolled my eyes at that, "You're a total hottie, no guy could resist you, even the really hot ones."

He just laughed off the compliment.

After that eventful conversation we watched more of the show I was watching with Damon earlier, the both of us drooling over the hot guys on my t.v screen. The only time our attention strayed from the show was when we remembered gossip about schoolmates we needed to tell each other. 

I didn't realize how much I missed spending time with my best friend. It was like we'd barely seen each other lately. And that was all thanks to Damon. 

How did he become such a big part of my life so fast? I mean, I always hated him so I spent lots of down time plotting how to ruin his life, but it was never like this. 

Now I was practically dependant on him. He was my shoulder to cry on, my safety blanket. I even told him my whole story. And I had intense feelings for him.

I just couldn't believe I was dating someone that was once my biggest enemy.

But who wouldn't fall for him? He was gorgeous, kind, hilarious. He was almost too perfect. How had I never noticed any of that in all the time we hated each other?

"My mom just called while you were lost in Damon la la land, she needs me back home." Garrett told me, breaking me out of my reverie.

"Okay, but we need to hang out again really soon, just the two of us." I suggested as I got up to walk him to the door.

"Sounds good." He agreed, flashing me a warm smile.

Once we're at the front door I hugged him goodbye, and just as I was about to close the door I called after him "And I wasn't in Damon la la land!" Which was a total lie.

Garrett just laughed and rolled his eyes before getting in his car and driving away.

I definitely needed to see him at least once before our group hangout on Saturday. 

Speaking of which, I really hoped that went well. If my best friend got along well with Damon's best friend that would be perfect.

And I hope Garrett likes Damon because Garrett's opinion means a lot to me, and if he doesn't approve of the guy I'm dating, I'd break up with him. No relationship is more important than my friendship with Garrett.