Chapter 1: Friends

Everybody told me that I should of told him that I just wanted to be friends. I should of listened. But I didn't want to hurt him. Now I am faced with the difficult task of saying no.

I got a text. Oh no.

"Do you want to go out with me this Friday?" -Patrick

Great! I should just be honest and say no.

"Sorry I can't." -Alissa

"Why?"-Patrick

"Because, well I rather tell you in person." -Alissa

"Okay, I am coming over." -Patrick

"No, don't I will go over to your house. I rather tell you outside though." -Allisa

"Okay..." -Patrick

End of Conversation

I put my phone down on my bed and got a jacket and some shoes on. It was early fall, but it was also 6 p.m.. I grabbed my phone and keys and walked down the hallway to the front down.

"Mom I am going over to Patricks for a minute." I yelled.

"Okay, have fun." She yelled back. I don't think this is going to be fun. I opened the front door, locked it, then walk to my car. I got in, started the engine and drove to Patrick's house.

He was waiting outside for me. He had boland curly hair, blue silvery eyes, he was a little chubby, but tall. He was wearing suspenders, a flannel shirt, and jeans. I never get his style. I got out of my car, locked it, and walked down the side walk.

"So, what's going on?" He said quickly.

"I just don't think of you that way, you have become more a friend or even a brother to me."

"Oh..." He said quietly.

"I still want to be friends."

"Um, I don't know, I am going to need some time." He said while tears began to form in his eyes.

"I am sorry, I love you just not in that way. I hope I didn't ruin our friendship." I said while tears began to form in my eyes. He turned around and headed in.

I ran to my car and drove to MACEY'S tears still falling down my face. When I got there I cried in the car for a good 5 minutes. Then I wipped away my tears and went inside.

I walked straight to the ice cream aisle and grabbed some Ben & Jerry's. Then I went and got some doughts. I went to the checkout, since i work here I got a discount. I bought my food and went back to my car, got in and drove back home.