Chapter 18: Crush+Disapiontment

After McKayla teased us what seemed for an eternity we left.

"Your aunt is pretty cool." Carter said while opening my door and chuckling.

"She is isn't she, and thank you." I replied while getting in the car. He shut the door for me and smiled. I really don't know how I got this lucky. Out of the corner of my eye I saw McKayla spying on us. I just laughed and waved.

"You ready?" I jumped a little.

"Gosh don't scare me like that." I said and playfully hit him on his arm. While Carter just laughed.

"I didn't hear you and so you freaked me out." I defened, which only made him laugh harder.

I just looked at him dumbfounded. Which of course only made him laugh harder. I finally joined in. Soon as I knew it we were there. Carter got out and opened the door for me.

"Thank you kindly sir." I said lovingly and gave him a kiss on the check.

"Anything for you." He replied even more lovingly. I just have him a hug I felt so safe in his arms. We slowly let go and both simled as we headed in. I liked around and Marguite and Luke weren't here yet.

I looked out the window and saw Lukes car. Luke got out and walked up, Marguite was still in the car. She slowly got out and wipped some tears off her face, put on a fake smile, and headed in. I felt so bad for her.

"Hey guys!" I said happily to start a conversation.

"Hey." Luke replied glumly and Marguite waved.

"So how are you two?" Carter asked when we got seated.

"Good." Marguite said with another fake smile.

"Good enough I guess." Luke replied sternly.

"You know what you don't have to be here! Gosh I thought my boyfriend would actually want to spend time with me, I guess not! Leave now! I am so sick of your attitude lately even when I hardly see you!" Marguite yelled while tears streamed down her face.

"Well maybe you should ask Ezra to come and be with you then." He shouted back and stood up.

"Maybe I will!" She yelled back.

"Whatever." He said with an angry sigh and left. Me and Carter turned to face eachother.

"Well," Marguite started, "I am going to head home. Sorry for the outburst. Bye."

"Okay then bye." I said sadly as she walked out.

Hello! Hope you liked this chapter! Have a lovely day!