8

A/N This pics up there are gonna be the outfits the people are wearing.

We pull up at the diner and Hayes gets out, runs to the other side of the car, opened my door, and helped me out of the twins' tall truck. Even with his help, my clumsy self still tripped. I feel right onto his chest, our faces an inch apart. 

We kinda stayed there staring at each other for a second.

He started to lean in, "Either kiss or come inside. I am starving." Kassidy says ruining the moment and Hayes releases his previous hold on my waist.

Inside we sit at a booth, Grayson and Kassidy and me and Hayes on the other.

"What can I get you?" The waitress comes and we order burgers, fries, and our drinks.

Ethan's POV

I have been in a slump all day and I don't know why. Since they have left I keep finding myself wondering what they are doing. 

Maybe I am just lonely. I am never home alone, me and Grayson have been together since the womb. That's probably what it is.

But why do I keep thinking about Jencie? Why does my stomach hurt at the thought of her being on her date with Hayes. 

Jencie's POV

The food comes and me and Hayes have gotten really close. I haven't even thought about, you know who.

I finish my food first and lean over to take a fry off Hayes plate.

"Where did all of the food go?" Hayes laughs

I shrug "Right shes a medical mystery" Kassidy says and we all laugh.

"Hurry, I want ice cream" I complain 

"Calm down, it is only 4 o'clock." Hayes feeds me a fry.

The ice cream place is right by the park so we drive to the park and walk over. 

Hayes grabs my hand as we are walking and I hear a click behind me. I turn to see Gray putting a picture of us holding hands on his story. I just roll my eyes at his failed sneakiness and walk through the door that Hayes is holding open.

I get vanilla ice cream with oreos and sprinkles and Hayes gets chocolate with hot fudge and chocolate chips.

"You are soooo sharing" I say to him and he just laughs.

After we get our ice cream, we walk over to the park. Grayson and Kassidy sit at a picnic table.

I scan the area "ooo follow me" I pull Hayes' hand.

"Hold this," I hand him my ice cream and climb up the ladder on the playground "Now give them to me." He follows me up.

I sit on a slide (one of those slides that have 2 next to each other so kids can race) and pat the other indicating for him to sit down.

The slides aren't that tall but we can still easily see that water over the short concrete wall (I basing the place off of Mandeville, Louisiana )

We sit there eating our, and each other's ice cream watching the calm water as a warm breeze blows. 

We finish the our ice cream as the sun is setting and set the empty cups aside. 

I rest my head on his shoulder and he wraps an arm around me and we sit with no sound except the gentle waves and our steady breathing.