28

Me and Ethan still aren't together, but after that talk we two days ago things have been great.

He likes me and I like him and we both know that so we don't feel the need to rush into anything, although, I wouldn't mind being able to call him my boyfriend and being able to kiss him whenever. We haven't kissed since that night but strangely, even though I want to kiss him, I am not that upset about it. Just having our feelings out in the open is enough for me right now.

Kassidy and Grayson disagree.

They have their hearts set on us getting to get together and insist on it happening asap ever since I told them about the talk.

I walk into the kitchen to grab a water before leaving to go for a walk, when Ethan appears.  He must have just woken up cause his hair is a mess.

I let out a little giggle, "Good morning"

"Morning," he wipes his eyes still groggy, "Where are you going?"

"For a walk then I'll probably go get stuff to make dinner."

"What are you making?"

"Not sure yet, any suggestions?"

"How about I handle food tonight? You always cook for us, I wanna return the favor."

"Okay, can't wait." I smile and head for the door.

Ethan's pov

Ok, this is my chance.

I walk into Grayson's room

"A knock would be nice."

"Shut up, I need your help."

"What's up?"

"I wanna surprise Jencie."

"Go on."

"I am cooking dinner tonight and I was thinking that I would grill steaks and set up the patio all nice and maybe you would leave so we can be alone?"

"So you want me to leave basically."

"I was hoping you would help set up a little then distract her until I'm ready?" I give a big hopeful grin.

"Sure," he gets up "what do you want me to do first?"

We talk for a while before Jencie comes back but Grayson tells her Kassidy wants them to both come over.

I jump in the truck and hurry to the store to get everything I need for the steaks plus candles and fairy lights.

Jencie's pov 

Apparently Kassidy wanted me and Grayson to come over for a bit and after being there for a bit Gray gets a text.

"Ethan says he isn't feeling well and said to just go out to eat, he will cook later this week."

"Aww is he okay?" I ask 

"He said its just a headache"

Kassidy butts in, "Lets go somewhere nice and get dressed up. We haven't gotten ready together in forever."

"Yes, lets do it."

The next thing I know, Kassidy is doing my makeup and my hair is curled. She then precedes to do her own makeup and wears her hair straight.

She pulls out a dress and hands it to me.

I give her a sad look since I'm not a dress person, "Is this necessary?"

"Yes. I'm wearing one too." She walks in her closet and comes back out with another dress. I just sigh and follow her into the bathroom to change. (Gray is sitting on the bed)

We walk out and Kassidy looks at me, "We should stop by your place and get your black wedges, they'd look so good with that dress"

And then we head  home. It's really quiet so I figure Ethan is sleeping so I quietly walk to my room to get the shoes. But when I walk out of my room I see...

A/N Sorry this chapter is so late, I wasn't in a great "mood" I guess this weekend.

But on the bright side, you don't have to wait that long after the cliff hanger:)