31

I hand him back his phone with my name saved as "Jencie😊"

"Jencie, I like that. I'm Joshua by the way."

"Nice to meet you Joshua" Kassidy comes back with our food, "I'll see you later?"

"Yea, bye."

Kassidy sits down across from me, "who was that?"

"His name is Joshua, he just came over to tell me in pretty. He is really sweet."

"But aren't you with Ethan now."

"No, or not really. I'm goim to be honest I was hoping he would ask me to be his girlfriend after our date. Besides even if I was, i can have guy friends."

"Any guy that's comes over to compliment you isn't interested in just being friends."

"Whatever, I really like Ethan but that doesn't mean I'm going to not speak to guys, especially he won't man up and ask me to be his girlfriend already."

"I'm just trying to say, Ethan really likes you, you talking to guys might upset him."

"I know but Joshua came up to me and I didn't want to be rude and tell to go away you know."

"I get it, now let's stop talking and eat."

Later that night I was just laying in bed on my phone when I get a notification.

Text from unknown number

Unknown- "Hey it's Joshua"

Jencie- "oh hey"

I save his number

Joshua- "Just wanted to give you my number, wyd"

Jencie- "Nothing, you?"

Joshua- "Same. Wanna go see a movie or something tonight?"

Jencie- "Sure!"

Joshua- "Do you want to meet there?"

Jencie- "Sounds good,  meet you there in an hour?"

Joshua- "See you then."

I quickly change into jeans and sweatshirt and touch up my now smudged from laying in bed makeup.

"Where are you going."

I didn't know Ethan was in the kitchen and I jumped like 3 feet in the air, "Ethan, don't do that" 

He laughs as I clutch my heart, "Sorry."

"Now that my heart has started working again, I am going to the movies with my friend."

"Oh cool, have fun"

"Thanks." 

At the movie theater Joshua is already there waiting for me and we decide on a movie.

Before the movie starts I get a text.

Ethan- "Hope you enjoy your movie. Good night gorgeous."

I smile and quickly reply "Good night"

After the movie (sorry for all the time jumps)

We decide to go to a frozen yogurt place next door.

I look up from my fro yo and see Joshua looking like he wants to ask something, "What's up?"

"Huh,oh. It's just that you said that you didn't have a boyfriend but before the movie you got a text and, I didn't mean to be nosey but, it seemed like it was from a boyfriend."

"I'm sorry, but Ethan really isn't my boyfriend."

"But you want him to be." I don't respond but give him a sorry look. "You really like him, I could tell by the way your face lit up when you got the text."

"I'm so sorry Joshua."

"You shouldn't be, you can't help who you like. What does he look like?"

I show him a picture of me, Ethan, Kassidy, and Grayson.

"He is the one on the left."

"Wow, if I had someone that looks like that sending me 'Good night gorgeous' texts I would light up like you did too." I give him a confused look, "Oh, right. I forgot to mention, I'm bi."

I laugh, "I was wondering"

"Why the guy you are on a date with is telling you the guy you like is hot?"

"Yea, basically."

"It is getting late, I should get going." He walks me to my car but right before he walks away he says, "He totally likes you by the way."